Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Might & Magic X Open Development: Patch Poll #1

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Limbic Entertainment; Might & Magic X: Legacy; Ubisoft

In the latest Might & Magic X Legacy open development poll, fans have the opportunity to vote on what feature will be added in the game's next patch(!). Here's the explanation:

DEAR MMX EARLY ACCESS PLAYERS,

Thanks again for your great feedback that has reached us since the Early Access of Might & Magic X – Legacy. As we described a few times in our recent blog postings, we have started working on it already (pls. read our news to the availability of the 1st unofficial patch) and we’ll continue to do that.

However as you might imagine, each of us has only two hands, which means that unfortunately we cannot do everything at the same time. We need to prioritize the different feedback and all the features we already had on our list anyway, for the team’s schedule and put them into timing perspectives.

When talking trough your guys’ feedback, the features and fixes we have on our list anyway, we came to the conclusion that it is you, who gave the feedback, it is you, who is looking forward to the patch and it is you, who will be playing the game and our patches. So why don’t we ask you to prioritize?

No sooner said, than done:

WHAT OF THE FOLLOWING SHALL WE PRIORITIZE FOR THE NEXT PATCH?

A) Compare items (compare your equipped items with the ones in the inventory or the store)
B) Notes on the map (make your own notes on the world map)
C) Retro mode (choose the retro mode within the options menu in order to get the real retro feel)
D) Anti Spider option (choose to have spiders replaced by a placeholder)

Please note that we might implement all of these features until final release, but the question remains, which one do you find that important or that much fun, that you want to have it with the next big patch already?

We will then concentrate on implementing the winning option first. If there is still time left, we might also be able to put in one of the other options into the patch, but the first one has a definite according to your guys‘ will!​

Not sure if silly, awesome, or both.

catfood

AGAIN
C) Retro mode (choose the retro mode within the options menu in order to get the real retro feel)
:hmmm:

Why even bother with these useless features? Don't they have some more important issues to take care of? Like performance for instance. I know that they ARE working on serious stuff, but really why even bother with this crap when there's better things to worry about.

norolim

Arcane
Only two valid choices here, but since it's not Diablo, I voted for map notes.

Zeriel

Arcane
Wow, these guys are raising trolling to an art-form.

Doesn't bother me, but I can see a shitstorm brewing over the rather trivial nature of some of these features. And even if that weren't the case, pitting fans against each other in terms of "oh, I wanted this feature first, you bastards, you voted up this useless one!" can never end well.

This should be good. :)

ETA: I voted for equipment comparison. The only other feature that wasn't "gravy I'll never use" was map annotation, which while nice, is also perilously close to something I'll never use. I tend to just memorize where things are rather than take notes--a shitty and horrible practice in real life, but pretty efficient in games.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected

:retarded:

Wow, this really topped stupidity. Now they made weird moves in the past, and you think they learned from it, but naw... my interest for this game just sank under 40%.

Zeriel

Arcane
I am super curious what "retro mode" actually constitutes, though.

Repressed Homosexual
:hmmm:

Why even bother with these useless features? Don't they have some more important issues to take care of? Like performance for instance. I know that they ARE working on serious stuff, but really why even bother with this crap when there's better things to worry about.

banner.png

What is this? That looks really ugly.

And no map icons? This is really outrageous.

You have to be kidding me.

Zeriel

Arcane
Oh, I didn't click through to the relevant article. Thought the linked one was all there was.

Dear lord, I can't believe they're actually implementing retro mode, and it's just what it sounds like, a bunch of added fuzzy pixels. It seems rather hilarious to spend engineering time on that with a game of a limited budget and scope in the first place. I guess their programmers need something to do on the weekend other than cooking potatoes.

I am having a hard time getting over the fact this article is real. If it were posted on April Fools, it wouldn't be out of place.

Repressed Homosexual
It's a generational thing, just play games made by people of older generations, the newer ones will always be full of "DERP" and "dude it'll be AWESOME!".

Zeriel

Arcane
It's a generational thing, just play games made by people of older generations, the newer ones will always be full of "DERP" and "dude it'll be AWESOME!".

Grandpa, here's your wallet. Go to the corner shop and get yourself a bottle of prune juice. It helps you mellow out when you get cranky like this.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Even the icon for the spider is wrong... the spider symbol should be superimposed by the red circle / line, but not reversed. If this represents the quality of the game (and so far this matches my observations following the game development), then - no thanks.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Even the icon for the spider is wrong... the spider symbol should be superimposed by the red circle / line, but not reversed. If this represents the quality of the game (and so far this matches my observations following the game development), then - no thanks.

:lol: This post is so two months ago.

We've already previewed the game and seen that it's decent, remember?

Last edited:

Arkeus

Arcane
I am 'guessing' that the point of retro mode is that it enables instant-step, like in the old M&M. OTOH, if it DOES, they should totally tell us.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Infinitron: if developers expose themselves as being dumb, then it will not help their sales. People are more selective nowadays - and for MMX being a niche like Heroes, the community is even more selective. The community is the bread and butter.
There are many things to improve in the game and a poll offering stupid choices is a slap in the face for everyone who has supported them beta-testing the game (by paying money) and then giving feedback in the forums. And yes - I have read many forum posts and can recall at most 1-2 miniscule topics about the latter 2 poll choices, but hundreds of other posts about more urging issues. Ridiculous.

Stabwound

Arcane
WHAT OF THE FOLLOWING SHALL WE PRIORITIZE FOR THE NEXT PATCH?

A) Something useful
B) Something useful
C) Something awful and superficial
D) Something that caters to 0.001% of the game's audience and is ridiculous

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom