Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information A TCancer preview of Ageod's Civil War 2 is in the pipeline.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
TacticularCancer has received a preview version of Ageod's Civil War 2, the upcoming sequel to Ageods American Civil War. I am already playing around with it and will give a summary of my findings in a few days.

2013-09-04 19-02-57-53.jpg

In the meantime, should you have any questions about the game, you can submit them in the news thread and I will try to answer them either directly or in the preview.

Read the full article: A TCancer preview of Ageod's Civil War 2 is in the pipeline.

Sranchammer

Arcane
Vatnik
I look forward to it. Call me crazy but I've warmed up to the graphic direction. I know some think the WEGO is unable to capture the way the War was fought but it does a lot of things right that I can overlook it for now.

Burning Bridges

Graphics are very good, although some things could be different. I also noticed that the game runs a lot smoother, for example scrolling is greatly improved.

Cenobyte

Prophet
Hmm, how extensive are the differences/improvements in comparison with AACW? From the beta AAR at the AGEOD boards, I had the slight impression that there aren't really that many differences barring some graphical changes for the UI etc.

Also, what about foreign entry. I think I never actually saw it happen in my games (not that many, to be honest). Is it in again?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
How are provincial/national decisions? I liked how RUS and AJE expanded greatly on provincial decisions, they were very useful and provided something to do while you weren't doing any important campaigning. Didnt have many national decisions tho, pity really. Political ones were especially scarce.

Also how much are you able to influence the buildup of armies and fleets? Can you field considerably different forces than historically or are you once again forced to rely on mobilizing mainly the same. My main complaint about AJE was that in many scenarios you couldnt even raise new legions despite the fact that Roma republic was known for being able to mobilize huge forces in need. Same applied to other nations too. I know its a wargame mainly but since you got such a long campaign and whole strategic layer too why not allow the player to build armies.

I saw in a screenshot somewhere that you now can choose formations for your units, would be interested in more details. Also, are the battle reports improved in any way? I often struggled to make sense of them in the previous games.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Nice one, BB! Anything left regarding policies, recruitment and budgets? What kind of national/provincial decisions do we look at? How do foreign powers play a role? How do you feel the game is shaping up at the moment?

Burning Bridges

I have no gripe with the game so far. Draft has been put in the staff section and preview will be up in the next days.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom