Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Total War: Rome II - DLC plans revealed

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tags: Creative Assembly; DLC; Sega; Total War: Rome II

Creative Assembly has announced on their forums some of their upcoming DLC plans.

While the Greek States Culture Pack DLC and free Pontus playable faction update will arrive day one; by October, you’ll also be able to add the Seleucid Empire http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Factions to your playable faction roster for free and the Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack featuring the Royal Scythians, Roxolani and Massagetae as paid-DLC.

I wonder what the reason for making Seleucids free DLC is? Regardless, it's good that an important faction such as them is not paid DLC.

Zeriel

Arcane
"DLC" is replacing "patch" as nomenclature, is my take-away from this and other titles.

~RAGING BONER~

Learned
Arche Seleukeia?!

fo' free?!

oh lawdy, I's in heaven!!! /blackface

You know, at this point I'd pay for a non-retarded AI DLC...someone should pitch that idea.

Unwanted

Cursed Platypus

Unwanted
By far not as ridiculous as Paradox games.

(Seriously, I know that Paradox have lots of fans here, but they're only second to Train Simulator as far as DLC insanity goes.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/203770/
€2 for portrait packs? And I was outraged when Bethesda released the horse armor plugin.)

Paradox sells cosmetic DLCs. I don't buy them and I don't care that they release them. If someone likes them more power to them. The non-cosmetic DLCs they sell are what we used to call expansions.

That doesn't compare at all to selling factions and units that ought to be available in the base game as DLC. Factions and units that are presumably already in the game as enemies you can fight against.

*presumably*

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

(Seriously, I know that Paradox have lots of fans here, but they're only second to Train Simulator as far as DLC insanity goes.
€2 for portrait packs? And I was outraged when Bethesda released the horse armor plugin.)

Paradox sells cosmetic DLCs. I don't buy them and I don't care that they release them. If someone likes them more power to them. The non-cosmetic DLCs they sell are what we used to call expansions.

That doesn't compare at all to selling factions and units that ought to be available in the base game as DLC. Factions and units that are presumably already in the game as enemies you can fight against.

*presumably*
not presumably. they are they and they add new expansions for free with patches, just the new factions are not available for player to play as.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron

I'm actually surprised how little ruckus was raised over Shogun 2's DLC considering CA added sold almost as many clans as there were in the base game. And then did it again with the expansion and its own DLCs.

kazgar

Arcane

*presumably*
not presumably. they are they and they add new expansions for free with patches, just the new factions are not available for player to play as.

Then surely you'd just wait a couple of days to make sure its just not a .ini hack or the like to allow all the factions in without the dlc before buying any of it?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

*presumably*

Then surely you'd just wait a couple of days to make sure its just not a .ini hack or the like to allow all the factions in without the dlc before buying any of it?
I just buy them because I like the work they are doing and would like them to continue doing it.

hqdefault.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom