Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Tropico 5 announced

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tags: Kalypso; Tropico; Tropico 5

Tropico 5 has been announced with a 2014 release date for PC and 360.

It would seem that they're changing up the formula a bit. The game will start in the 19th century during colonial rule and continue into the 21st century. The game also adds a dynasty feature where you are able to appoint your extended family to key positions, including taking over as El Presidente.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
The game will start in the 19th century during colonial rule and continue into the 21st century.
excellent-frog-andrew-long-dream-gift-economy-infinite-growth-carolyn-elliott-occupy-wall-street-occupy-pittsburgh1.jpg

catfood

AGAIN
The extended timeline sounds very intriguing to be honest. I have only played the first 2 games, and as I understand it 3 and 4 are basically just like the first one with next to no improvements? Are they worth checking out?

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
The extended timeline sounds very intriguing to be honest. I have only played the first 2 games, and as I understand it 3 and 4 are basically just like the first one with next to no improvements? Are they worth checking out?

3 is basically a 3D remake of Tropico 1. The main difference is that there are cars and as a result, buildings don't take as long to build. The main downside is that it's significantly easier than Tropico 1.

Tropico 4 is awful. It's basically a re-release of Tropico 3 but with certain things changed. For example, the character creation is totally different, with Flaws removed and all traits being able to be leveled up. There's also Anno style missions if I recall, I didn't play it for very long.

sser

Arcane
Developer

I got Tropico 4 and all its DLC for $5 from GMG not long ago. I haven't played it (just the third game, which I thought was good) -- but both games go on sale quite often and with steep price cuts. I'd say it's worth a fiver whenever the sales show up, which will probably be either around the release of this game or the big Steam sales time periods.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Tropico 4 and 5 was crippled by awful building mechanics and uber buildings like superhouse with perfect quality and a lot of apartments. Plus, tourism was retarded.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Lots of fags in the thread.Tropico 4 is awesome and best city builder you can play now.It's better in every way than Tropico 3 and the only valid complain may be that people who bought it full price can be little butthurt(people buy games full price? o_O) in a sense GTA 3 and GTA:Vice City are different.Same mechanics ,but polished and with new skin. Also their DLCs suck,but lol Kalypso.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom