Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Might & Magic X Update: Q&A #4

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Limbic Entertainment; Might & Magic X: Legacy; Ubisoft

The Might & Magic X Legacy open development blog has another big Q&A post this week. Here are some of the more interesting questions and answers:

“I HOPE THOSE SKILLS WILL HAVE SOME RESTRICTIONS… LIKE THIS FREEMAGE ON SCREENSHOT HAVING LIGHT AND DARK MAGIC AT THE SAME TIME? WHAT IS THAT… A DARK MAGE SERVING LORD OF LIGHT? OR DWARF DEFENDER USING FIRE MAGIC?”

In Ashan, Wizards are atheists and have no issue learning Light and Dark magic. Being Humans, Freemages have a natural affinity for Air Magic.

Being children of Arkath, the Dragon of Fire, Dwarves of Ashan have a natural affinity for Fire Magic, while Elves have an affinity for Earth Magic.

Only some of the Orc classes have absolutely no access to Magic.​

“HOW WILL THE DISARM MECHANIC WORK?”

If you attempt to interact with a trap you will be asked to select the one who should try to disarm it. The individual text gives away the character attribute which will be used to determine success or fail. More info about traps will be revealed on the blog - stay tuned!

“DOES THE “ALL ATTACK AT RANGE” BUTTON STILL AS OPTION EXIST? I KNOW YOU CHANGED THAT GAMEPLAY ASPECT, BUT IT WOULD BE GOOD FOR THE GAME IF IT WAS STILL OPTIONAL (DRAG’N’DROP TO THE SKILLBAR 1-10). BECAUSE I LOVE THE FAST GAMEPLAY (ESPECIALLY FOR A TURN BASED GAME) OF MM3-5. AN OPTIONAL “ALL ATTACK AT RANGE OR MELEE” BUTTON WOULD BE BEST”

No, that kind of button is not planned, sorry. However we do not think that this will be an issue at all, as you can “spam” range attacks quite easily with your party members (one after the other). You’ll see for yourself soon.

“IN DUNGEONS, WILL THEY BE LONG ENOUGH THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO RUN OUT AND HEAL (OR BUY THE SUPPLIES SO YOU CAN REST IN THE DUNGEON) OR WILL THE DUNGEONS BE SHORT ENOUGH THAT YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO RUN THROUGH WITHOUT NEEDING TO GO BACK TO THE SURFACE FOR ANYTHING?”

That depends on the dungeon. Some are designed as little caves for example in which you can get some treasures. But there are also big dungeons with multiple levels in which you need to re-supply.

“WHAT ABOUT MONSTERS’ RESPAWN? DO THEY RESPAWN AT ALL? IS IT TIME RELATED (LIKE MM6-8)? IS TIED TO SOME KIND OF HIVE YOU HAVE TO DESTROY?” (YES THEY DO, IT CAN BE TIME RELATED, BUT I DON’T KNOW ABOUT THE HIVE, CAN YOU TELL ME?)

Yes, there will be respawn in MMX. The exact mechanic details are currently still in discussion.

“WHEN A CLASS HAS / IN A SKILL LIKE BOW/SWORD DOES THAT MEAN HE CAN’T USE BOW/SWORD AT ALL OR THAT HE CAN EQUIP THEM BUT BE BAD AT IT?”

That means that they cannot learn the skill and therefore they cannot use those weapons at all.​

You might be wondering what's going on with this week's dungeon vote. Well, it turns out that last week's contest received so many good submissions that Limbic have decided to turn it into a two stage tournament. They're going to pick nine semifinalists for the first stage of voting, which will begin on Wednesday. One of our users, Morphi, made a submission. Let's hope he makes it in!

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Am I the only one who is really disturbed by all the questions being needlessly capitalized?
It just looks weird. As if they don't know that fonts can be bold, a bigger size or a different color...

As if BLOBERT asked all the questions. But far too friendly.

Servo

Arcane
In the current dev version there is no option to replace or remove spiders. However we are currently in discussion to have an option like that for final release.

Can we get an option to replace all the spiders with kittens?

himmy

Arcane
In Ashan, Wizards are atheists and have no issue learning Light and Dark magic.

Ah, yes, the old "atheist mages" defense.Waiting for the Moral Relativism and Skepticism skills.

Stabwound

Arcane
What the fuck is it about people being so scared of spiders that they can't even play video games that have them? I've seen people complain and absolutely refuse to play games that have spider enemies on the forums of pretty much every game with spiders in it. There was a similar outcry when Grimrock was released, and someone quickly made a mod that replaced all spiders with some other type of enemy, which probably fucked the balance of the game up. Same with Fallout 3/NV/Skyrim.

Seriously, what the fuck? Is arachnophobia such a common and intense thing that you can't even deal with pixelized versions on a compute rmontor?

Weird as fuck.

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
What the fuck is it about people being so scared of spiders that they can't even play video games that have them? I've seen people complain and absolutely refuse to play games that have spider enemies on the forums of pretty much every game with spiders in it. There was a similar outcry when Grimrock was released, and someone quickly made a mod that replaced all spiders with some other type of enemy, which probably fucked the balance of the game up. Same with Fallout 3/NV/Skyrim.

Seriously, what the fuck? Is arachnophobia such a common and intense thing that you can't even deal with pixelized versions on a compute rmontor?

Weird as fuck.
I hate spiders in games. Baldur's Gate, System Shock, Thief, the list goes on. But I want them in my games, they gave the game a nice tension for me.

It's a phobia, it's not supposed to be rational. I imagine these people always existed but only recently have the vieogame spiders become realistic enough for it to become a problem for them. I don't mind it, these people don't seem to be too numerous and they don't make an spectacle of themselves like some other snowflakes ("What's with all the spiders in games? I AM BEING OPPRESSED").

Servo

Arcane
I am oppressed by gay spider-kitteh romance. Can u devs plz take that out of my game kthx?

It's a phobia, it's not supposed to be rational. I imagine these people always existed but only recently have the vieogame spiders become realistic enough for it to become a problem for them. I don't mind it, these people don't seem to be too numerous and they don't make an spectacle of themselves like some other snowflakes ("What's with all the spiders in games? I AM BEING OPPRESSED").

It's also a learned trait. Meaning if we would just tell them to man up and put spiders in everything we could rid the world of Arachnophobia within a decade.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Spider romances, you say?

Nec71.jpg

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

I dunno, I'm arachnophobic to an extent but I don't give a toss about virtual spiders, except when they are just inherently creepy like in Dark Engine games(Thief, SS2). But then again, everything in those games(fucking zombies, haunts, mutants, mantis creatures, cyborgs)were creepy as fuck which made them brilliant.

Dorateen

Arcane
I am not familiar with the lore of Ashan, so I'm genuinely curious. How does an atheist wizard reconcile with a dwarf, children of the dragon god Arketh? Or Blessings, which seem to be part of the gameplay. Is there resurrection in Legacy?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I am not familiar with the lore of Ashan, so I'm genuinely curious. How does an atheist wizard reconcile with a dwarf, children of the dragon god Arketh? Or Blessings, which seem to be part of the gameplay. Is there resurrection in Legacy?

I suspect that by "atheist" what they really mean is "secular". It seems odd to disbelieve in the gods in a fantasy world.

But perhaps somebody who's played Ubisoft's M&M games could clarify this.

Dorateen

Arcane
Yes, that's the other thought I had, that the writers of the blog post misused the word, which would not be a surprise. So rather than disbelieving evidence of the divine, Ashan wizards perhaps reject the authority of the gods. Or something.

I'm just wondering about internal consistency of the setting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom