Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Interview: Matt Wilson - Co-founder of Privateer Press and design team member of Warmachine: Tactics

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tags: Kickstarter; Privateer Press; Tacticular Cancer Interview; Warmachine: Tactics

1934.jpg

Matt Wilson, one of the co-founders of Privateer Press and a member of the design team for Warmachine: Tactics has been nice enough to answer a few questions about the Kickstarter and the game for us:

"What kind of difficulty can we expect from the AI? Will the single-player present a challenge to new players and veterans alike?"

That's certainly the goal with the AI. The WhiteMoon Dreams game design team includes veteran designers who worked on the original Fallout as well as the Myth series, so we're expecting them to bring us a great challenge!

Read the full article: Interview: Matt Wilson - Co-founder of Privateer Press and design team member of Warmachine: Tactics

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Like I already said. The console UI is a terrible shame but probably unavoidable in this day and age. I'm also a little disappointed that they aren't going for a strict implementation of tabletop rules. You'd think they had learned from Cyanide trying (and failing hilariously) to "improve" Blood Bowl.

On the other hand, it's nice that the camera allows for birds eye and killcam animations are optional. It probably won't be the next UFO: Enemy Unknown, but maybe it'll end up being Good For What It Is™. Time will tell.

JANKOhrp

Novice
It is truly a sad age we live in, if having the option to turn a killcam off in a turn-based strategy game is something to celebrate.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I did not back this, but I am looking forward to making it a D1P on release. Or is there some incentive to pledge now (Paypal is still available)?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom