Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Might & Magic X Open Development: Dungeon Vote #6

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Limbic Entertainment; Might & Magic X: Legacy; Ubisoft

Last week, the Might & Magic X Legacy team asked the fans to submit backstories for the game's player-designed dungeon. From those submissions, they've chosen three final candidates, and this week we get to vote which one will be used. I quote:

HEY EVERYONE,​

We were totally stunned by your input. You sent us almost 40 stories; some of you even submitted two! Thanks for all the great ideas, you're awesome! It was quite hard for us to pick three stories for you to choose from. Should we go for the classic, or rather for something funny and light-hearted?​

Of course we needed to select stories that are compatible with game mechanics and gameplay, plus, we couldn't pick stories that resemble other stories which have already been implemented into the game. (Or, to say it with Julien's words when he read one of our proposals: "I like it so much it's already in the game!")​

So what we need now is the dungeon's story. Please pick the one that you think fits the dungeon best. Here are the options:​
ENSHAMMON’S PROPOSAL: THE SORCERESS AND THE WITCH

Legend tells of a prince who was betrothed to a sorceress but instead fell in love with a witch. When the sorceress learned of this, she banished the witch to the royal dungeon and warded the prison with riddles. The prince sent his guards and scholars, but this enraged the witch because he did not dare come himself. She cursed them all to eternal anguish. The adventurers have come to learn the truth of this legend and what became of each of the flawed lovers.

"Very M&M in spirit I think, totally the kind of stories found in the old games" (Julien)​
KALAH’S PROPOSAL: THE ANCIENT KING

The adventurers are told a story of an ancient king who hid his vast fortune in a secret vault below his palace. A powerful wizard, the king placed traps in the dungeon to keep intruders away. Centuries later, the king’s palace is long gone and the entrance to the tomb seems lost. However, according to legend, the structures below remain intact. People say that the king’s spirit still haunts the dungeon. Believing the story is more than legend, the adventurers search for the crypt. They find the entrance under a pool of water; inside, they face the king’s magical guards. (Also, we'd add that nice gameplay idea from x45x55x43x4B to this story: a dungeon without any creatures at first that turns into a deathtrap when you have reached the end.)

"Classic, but fits the spirit of the game" (Julien)​
ERICNORWAY´S PROPOSAL: THE BEER DUNGEON

The dungeon holds a local town’s supply of alcohol. The undead have invaded, and now the villagers don’t have anything to drink at the pub. You must retrieve the alcohol so some of the pub’s patrons will tell you where some fabulous treasure is hidden.

"Lets make some Beer Barrel riddles!" (Karsten)​

Made your pick? Then vote here! The contest ends on Thursday, August 1st.​

Warning: Storing booze in haunted ancient ruins may be hazardous to your health.

Karmapowered

Augur
Option 3.

Who'd leave for adventure without a healthy supply of booze ?

+ Undead (I loved the SFXes of skeletons in MM6).

stony3k

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
To me, the first one could be much improved if there was lots of loot involved. The adventurers go to the dungeon for the loot, but in the process find out about the lovers stories. I don't tend to think of adventuring parties as romantics trying to find out about flawed love - at least not the mercenary types.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom