Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Absalom previews an early build of Race to Mars

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Tags: Intermarum; Kickstarter; Race to Mars

Intermarum's Race to Mars is a new spaceprogram simulator in the same vein as the venerable Buzz Aldrin's Race into Space. They're aiming at letting you set up a commercial space agency, fight for funding, go from trying to reach orbit to getting to Mars and handle competitors at the same time. Quite ambitious and just for that they're trying to get funding through Kickstarter. Unfortunately it seems to be stalling a bit, which is a shame. So, to spread word of the game Intermarum has send out a very early Alpha version to the media. Absalom got to play around with it and shared his impressions with us.

Check out a little pre-alpha Race to Mars gameplay while you're at it.

Read the full article: Absalom previews an early build of Race to Mars

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Trash I think you edited the OP from inside the forum instead of from the front page interface.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Unlike most management games, Race to Mars puts you in the role of director of a space agency.

It's very much a very early work in progress and while not all features are evident and being an alpha some things don't make sense/clunky/unplayable,
Race to Mars is well worth clicking a link if you're a fan of realistic space exploration or management sims.

??

To make this different from Buzz Aldrin's line of Space Agency management sims,

Buzz Aldrins Race into Space is not a "line" of management sims

Absalom

Unlike most management games, Race to Mars puts you in the role of director of a space agency.

It's very much a very early work in progress and while not all features are evident and being an alpha some things don't make sense/clunky/unplayable,
Race to Mars is well worth clicking a link if you're a fan of realistic space exploration or management sims.

??

To make this different from Buzz Aldrin's line of Space Agency management sims,

Buzz Aldrins Race into Space is not a "line" of management sims
A series, then? A brand? There are two games in the same genre sponsored by the same person. What is the plural form of that? Is you point is that Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager isn't released yet?

What is your problems with the previous sentences?

Btw the kickstarter failed so this is all a moot point anyway.

Burning Bridges

A series, then? A brand?

A game

Corrected a typo for you

It's very much a very early work in progress and while not all features are evident and being an alpha some things don't make sense/clunky/unplayable

Inacceptable grammatics at the end - unless we're in a chatroom

I had not the slightest idea what you mean with "is well worth clicking a link if you're a fan of realistic space exploration or management sims"

Why? Do you imply that no one reads the articles anyway?

Absalom

A game

It's very much a very early work in progress and while not all features are evident and being an alpha some things don't make sense/clunky/unplayable

Inacceptable grammatics at the end - unless we're in a chatroom

I had not the slightest idea what you mean with "is well worth clicking a link if you're a fan of realistic space exploration or management sims"

Why? Do you imply that no one reads the articles anyway?

What are "grammatics?" Also, there's a new Buzz Aldrin game coming out. People might want to get that game instead of pledging for this game. Do you understand now why I said it like that? Sorry for the typo's.

Burning Bridges

Ok if "grammatics" does not exist, that makes me look kind of stupid. What is your native language by the way?

Absalom

American (English.)

Also I googled "grammatics" and apparently it's an English rock band.

Burning Bridges

What are "grammatics?" Also, there's a new Buzz Aldrin game coming out. People might want to get that game instead of pledging for this game. Do you understand now why I said it like that? Sorry for the typo's.

Haha I'm a "Grammatics Expert". Sorry if I was rude. But you seem to be a good sport and took it with humor.

Concerning the games, I personally consider BARIS a classic game, BASPM (Matrix) a new game, and Race To Mars a complete unknown (like I have to see more than a few screenshots to say anything about the game).

Until BASPM is out we don't know if it's any good. It could be fun like the original or it could be a complete embarassment.

That's why I had a problem with lightheartedly putting these games in one basket. I would not do that.

Absalom

Haha I'm a "Grammatics Expert". Sorry if I was rude. But you seem to be a good sport and took it with humor.

Concerning the games, I personally consider BARIS a classic game, BASPM (Matrix) a new game, and Race To Mars a complete unknown (like I have to see more than a few screenshots to say anything about the game).

Until BASPM is out we don't know if it's any good. It could be fun like the original or it could be a complete embarassment.

That's why I had a problem with lightheartedly putting these games in one basket. I would not do that.
BARIS is a great game, I just wished PBEM worked on the new open source client-remake of it.

BASPM might be good, but it's decidedly going in a... different direction.

But the games are set in a similar settings with similar goals using similar tools (In BASPM and BARISs' case, same "big-name" consultant). What are "baskets" for, if not to put such things together.

Burning Bridges

It does not have the charm of the old one, I can already see it from the screens. But they are trying to make a good game. I believe I know the guy in charge (Ignazio?) and he seems to be a bro.

The games are very far apart (BARIS is from 1990 or so).

Perhaps get a third opinion. It's not important though, could just feel a bit a bit wrong for some old fans.

Absalom

It does not have the charm of the old one, I can already see it from the screens. But they are trying to make a good game. I believe I know the guy in charge (Ignazio?) and he seems to be a bro.

The games are very far apart (BARIS is from 1990 or so).

Perhaps get a third opinion. It's not important though, could just feel a bit a bit wrong for some old fans.
Nah, those old fans should be grateful it's not getting the FO3 or NUXCOM treatment

Burning Bridges

It's hardly so simple. Especially since space buffs have invested decades into their hobby, the creators of these "new" games may completely misjudge their target group.

Absalom

You are being remarkably anal retentive for me grouping BARIS and BASPM together. Almost makes me think you're just fucking with me

Burning Bridges

No I was not fucking with you. Just thought there were too many over-generalizations in your article.

But I see, discussing this further would be a waste of our time.

LooZ

Literate
Hi guys ;) Thanks for a short review.

It's only a week till we release Race To Mars on Steam Early Access. Beside that, the game will of course be available on our website in DRM-Free version.

In the version that's going to be released 7th March it will be possible to test basic mechanics of the game and get to know the first space program. For us this is a beginning of even more intense work period, so we're counting for your support and feedback.

LooZ

Literate
Early Access version of Race To Mars is already available on Steam! A lot of new features come with a lot of emotions. We’ve done it quite a few times and we can honestly say it’s really fun to launch your satellite into space.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/257930

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom