Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News List of Atari assets sold revealed

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tags: Activision; Atari; Star Control; Stardock; Toys for Bob; Wargaming.net

844158atari.jpg

A list of companies that have purchased assets from Atari have been revealed.

It would appear that we were wrong about MOO getting sold to Stardock, instead Wargaming World has gotten a hold of it.

Stardock managed to get Star Control, though it should be noted that Toys for Bob (And thus, Activision) still own the rights to the aliens and characters in the games. So Stardock will need their permission to make a sequel, unless they change all of the aliens.

Most interesting would be the runner up for Star Control: On the Go Technology is a mortgage program developer.

Absalom

Most interesting would be the runner up for Star Control: On the Go Technology is a mortgage program developer.
What does "morgage program developer" even mean?

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
What does "morgage program developer" even mean?

http://www.onthegotechnology.com/OTG/Welcome.html

Apparently they make software for mortgage bankers. Reminds me of how System Shock 2's rights were owned by an insurance company.

I always found it funny how similar MOO and Star Control were in terms of development. We had the first game which was well-received, but mostly ignored now in favor of the sequel; the second game which is considered to be outstanding, and then the third game...the less said the better. I didn't know Atari owned the rights to both of them until recently.

Absalom

http://www.onthegotechnology.com/OTG/Welcome.html

Apparently they make software for mortgage bankers. Reminds me of how System Shock 2's rights were owned by an insurance company.

I always found it funny how similar MOO and Star Control were in terms of development. We had the first game which was well-received, but mostly ignored now in favor of the sequel; the second game which is considered to be outstanding, and then the third game...the less said the better. I didn't know Atari owned the rights to both of them until recently.
Apparently you need a MBA to know why an insurance/mortgage software company would want a game IP.

Not to mention MoO and Star Control were prolly the best space games you could get.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Another grand space strategies of old were, as I remember
- Imperium Galactica 2 - with fucked up balance, and battle mechanics
- Ascendancty, with fucked up Ai and research
- Space Empires - with fucked up everything
I wonder what happened with them, especially with Imperium Galactica - they had nice features with decisions, but only 3 playable races.

Branm

Learned
Soooo whats the consensus?

MoO a write off now? Wargaming World Limited....seems hey the devs of World of Tanks which gives me every reason to believe they plan on making a F2P and P2W MoO

bonescraper

It would appear that we were wrong about MOO getting sold to Stardock, instead Wargaming World has gotten a hold of it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom