Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News New Europa Universalis IV Dev Diaries

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tags: Developer Diary; Europa Universalis IV; Paradox Interactive

attachment.php

Paradox has released a new Dev Diary for EUIV this week. This time the subject is Divine Tactics.

In case you missed it, last week's Dev Diary was on Ayutthaya, Viyanagar & Muslim Sultanates and the week before that was on Aragon, Naples and Korea

EDIT: Thanks to The Brazilian Slaughter for pointing it out.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
What I'm wondering is; as it seems like we're getting a CK2 save converter, how will EU4 deal with pagan religions in Europe if they're present and strong in 1448? Will it all get lumped into "shamanism", or will we be able to continue playing our Norse, Zoroastrian or even Aztec empires?
What the fuck will America look like in CK2 if the Aztecs are already in Europe?

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Also that America question is indeed valid, because one wonders how did Aztecs came to Europe if their ancestors back home are still stuck in tech level 1 until Colombus. Aztecs are a post-apoc civilization? DUMDEDUM
There's a flavor event in Sunset Invasion that tells that the Aztecs back in Mexico are using horses brought from Europe to even the odds in their war against the gun using Incas. :D

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I can easily see them ignoring the Sunset Invasion bullshit, but there will be tons of fanrage if they make a save converter that lumps all the religions from the Old Gods into "pagan" and gives them harsh penalties.

Grinolf

Arcane
Enforce Peace seems like a nice option: A good way for the player or AI to stop a player from gobbling a important but unnalied country, say, stopping a Great Power from eating one of your buffer countries. I'm just afraid of how the AI is going to use it; it might doom a lot of minors if, in their attempts to gobble other minors, a big power enforces peace all the time, stopping them from getting big. Say, trying to play as Serbia and getting Enforced all the time, and then the Ottomans eat you. In fact, I can see humans playing majors using this all the time, I hope they think up a countermeasure of somesort.
I can become second cascading alliances, but Paradox have experience with similiar system in Vic2. And it work fine there. Also it makes perfect sence for Great Powers try to block rise of other states. So if player are playing as minor country, it would be good, that he will need be very careful with diplomacy aant timing.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Fuck, unless I'm not seeing properly, looking at that map displayed, once again Paradox ignores history. Europe is okay, but Africa, America and Southeast Asia are still pure unadulterated bullshit.
Given how much time EU spans, I think they need a mechanic where provinces can split into multiple ones. Like the British colonies in America were pretty much created out of thin air, they had little relation to how the tribes divided up the land.

Southeast Asia needs to properly represent all these little states and Majapaharit ruling over them. Someone made a "Malasya mod" for EUIII showing the proper historical situation, pretty much all mods have it by defaut nowdays. Also, playing with the small Srivinjaya remant that existed at the time would be awesome, like a Eastern version of ERE.
Siam/Burma/Cambodia/Thailand/Laos is awful in EU. If it was done right, it wouldn't be any fun to play though. The feudal was extremely decentralized people were only loyal to the man directly above them in the Feudal structure. This means if any one switched sides, everyone under him would switch sides and not even blink an eye. There was no nationalism and barely any sense of state. Siam got fucked a number of times because of this. Burma would attack, the Siamese king would think he had X number of supporters and then when he went to them to gather the army, would find they had joined Burma.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom