Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Warmachine: Tactics Kickstarter has begun

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tags: Kickstarter; Privateer Press; Warmachine: Tactics

03a5302687495fe35a49d27817421a3a_large.jpg

A Kickstarter for Warmachine: Tactics, a turn-based combat game based in the tabletop game setting of Warmachine has been announced today.

The Kickstarter is aiming for $550,000 and they have achieved $134,000 as of now.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
This looks SWEET as FUCK.

Pledged, and eagerly awaiting stretch goals. Hopefully there will be some that apply to single-player.

ColCol

Arcane
Finally, I was hoping something warmachine would come out and it would both be affordable and limit me having to hang out with flesh humans.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I scrolled through the kickstarter and didn't see any mention of Warhammer or Games Workshop. Am I mistaken in thinking this is... "litigationally" close to Warhammer?

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I scrolled through the kickstarter and didn't see any mention of Warhammer or Games Workshop. Am I mistaken in thinking this is... "litigationally" close to Warhammer?
No. If it were, the wonderful people in Nottingham would have tried long ago.

But seriously, what in the pitch reminds you of Warhammer, beyond "it's a miniature wargame"?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Warmachine has been around for a very long time now and sells almost as much miniature product, at least here, as Warhammer.

kazgar

Arcane
Exclusive warjacks for kickstarter backers!

:rpgcodex:

Oh well, still looks interesting, will wait for more single player info though. Asynchronous multiplayer/PBEM is a good thing.

Ninjerk

Arcane
evdk said:
No. If it were, the wonderful people in Nottingham would have tried long ago.

But seriously, what in the pitch reminds you of Warhammer, beyond "it's a miniature wargame"?

The bald guy. I may have somewhat filled in the rest after that.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Well Warmachine was designed by and to attract disgruntled Warhammer players. So I'm sure they copied a few superficial stylistic elements. It plays pretty differently and the aesthetics and fluff are pretty unique, though, so it's no rip off.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Might be cool. I really dislike the aesthetics of warmachine though. Sucks when you look at a bunch of different factions in a game and don't like any of them.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Might be cool. I really dislike the aesthetics of warmachine though. Sucks when you look at a bunch of different factions in a game and don't like any of them.

I agree about the aesthetics but I don't much care to be honest. Solid tactical squad combat and I'm sold. It could be My Little Pony for all I care. Of course, a solid campaign with characters to get invested in would improve it, but it's not a necessity as long as it's challenging and fun.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Maybe they'll release a Hordes expansion. Blueskins Trollbloods are cool.

I agree about the aesthetics but I don't much care to be honest. Solid tactical squad combat and I'm sold. It could be My Little Pony for all I care. Of course, a solid campaign with characters to get invested in would improve it, but it's not a necessity as long as it's challenging and fun.
Meanwhile the WHFB game is going to be a Total War clone, everything is shit.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I played a little Warmachine back in the day, might have to dig through some old boxes and finally get around to painting my mercenaries.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
This game is worth backing only for the fact that if it'll be made right, Games Workshop will fuck senseless all idiots that spawned shitty and retardo quality Warhammer crap. Even meager success as a nice tactical strategy will allow us to mock GW for YEARS.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
People who see tier goodies as anything more than a small "thank you for paying us more than we asked for" baffle me.

I won't deny that your $20 are absolutely out of the goodness of your heart, but not everybody is that generous. :roll:

Other, ungenerous, people need incentives. Baffling that anyone sees rewards as anything else.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom