Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dead State Kickstarter Update #29: Progress Report

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Dead State; DoubleBear Productions

Dead State shows signs of life in its latest Kickstarter update:

Apologies for the lack of a June update. Actually, if we seem to go dark for a while, it’s probably because we’ve got our heads down and noses precariously close to the grindstone. And that will be the case for most of the next month as well. Here’s an idea of some of the work being done in the game right now:​

-Items and item functionality are being added all the time. Right now, our main focus for most of the art staff is adding armor models to the build, though there are now over 200+ items in the game including food, luxury items, weapons, accessories (legs and arms), helmets, armor, and medical items. 2D icons and models for all the items are nearing completion.​

-Along with items, we now have attack animations for every class of weapons and their corresponding sound effects.​

-Every ally and game faction NPC dialogue is at least at first pass. All “lore” entries (found on USB drives, cellphones, and hard drives) for the game are finished.​

-The shelter is at alpha completion – that is, you can upgrade the rooms, heal characters, assign jobs, and manage resources. Groundwork for our daily summary screen, manufacturing, and event progression is being worked on at the moment.​

-We’ve got multiple commercial and residential areas hooked up in game and many of our prop sets complete.​

-As mentioned before, group combat is in and new attacks and status effects are being tested at the moment. Pathfinding and grappling are also being fine-tuned.​

-Loot, containers, and loot distribution were given a first pass as they relate to general distribution in the game. We polished some of our shelter supply management mechanics and the way fresh food is stored and expires at the shelter.​

Big announcement incoming – probably a very exciting one for a large number of you. Expect to see a whole lot of new game shots and footage in the near future. Thanks for your patience and keep watching the forum and the Kickstarter page for new announcements.​

Until next time, enjoy this new track from Dead State:​

Sounds good. But can you grapple an ooze?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Damn, it's like everybody are releasing KS updates now.

Where's mah Torment update?

EDIT:
Oh, and this was the best of all the recently released updates. It actually got me a little bit excited to play it! If only more developers could manage that.

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
I imagine Torment updates will be pretty thin on the ground, at least until WL2 is out and production goes into full swing.

hiver

Music sounds good, great. Reminds me of some sixties - seventies bleak, nostalgic movies.

Jean Paul Belmondo. French connection. Alain Delon. A trench coat. Black & white empty foggy streets, hollow like a cold disease in the drizzling, tattered semi real dawn.

mmm... i like.

:thumbsup: to the composer.

Wizfall

Cipher
Incredible what they want to do and have already done with a so small budget.
If the games turns out to be ok, i would be very impressed.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also, oozes may vary.
If you have those strange puddles found in BG1 + 2, it would be pretty hard, even with a bag of holding.
A gelatinous cube (afaik also a kind of ooze) on the other hand should be hard enough to grapple.

And then there is ouzo...

EG

Nullified
Can't believe it's, uh, been a year?

EG

Nullified
A "janitorial' skill would fit that scenario well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom