Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Rock Paper Shotgun does a Incognita interview

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Tags: Incognita; Klei Entertainment; Rock Paper Shotgun

incognita.jpg

Klei Entertainment, known best from plucky dimension traveling tinkering and wilderniss survival game Don't Starve are working on Incognita. A turn-based tactical espionage game that's apparently all about information and looking a lot like a certain ufo game. Rock Paper Shotgun has a pretty short interview with Klei co-founder Jamie Cheng. Here's the most interesting snippet.

RPS: Based on the perspective, it looks tactical. There’s also a big grid, so I’m guessing turn-based tactical, ala XCOM. And the name Incognita makes it sound espionage-y, so is it centered around that sort of thing?

Cheng: You are… frickin’ spot on. That’s exactly what it is: turn-based tactical espionage.

The game is already playable. We’re gonna do the same thing we did for Don’t Starve. People are gonna be able to play it early while it’s still in development [and offer feedback]. Don’t Starve was this weird experiment that blew up to be just amazing. We wanted to build a community. I knew that. And I wanted to work with them and talk with them all the time. Don’t Starve ended up a way better game because of the community.

So same thing. Incognita is again an evolving game. I think that a game like Mark of the Ninja would’ve been much harder to have the community involved. If players just had to replay the same level or something, I think that’d get pretty boring. And of course there’s the story, which would’ve gotten spoiled. So it’s a big difference.​

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom