Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence June Update

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Age of Decadence; Iron Tower Studios; Vault Dweller

This month's Age of Decadence update is short but sweet:

We're going to start beta-testing (closed test) in July, which means that we spent June tweaking and balancing questlines and don't really have anything interesting to say. The next month update will have first impressions and such, but this one will have to be pretty boring, unless you really like reading updates.​

The focus is on the options, choices, and paths now. There is a truckload of them. If you thought that Teron had a lot of options, you're going to be overwhelmed with what we have in store for you now. More characters, more quests, more options, more scheming, more reactivity, more opportunities to fuck things up. I rarely speak with excitement about my own work, but I'm very proud of how everything turned out and came together.​

The Abyss evolved into a great area. It's very different from what you've seen so far. Most locations have fairly 'realistic' atmosphere - people squabbling, scheming, plotting, and murdering each other over nothing. Not a lot of fantasy there. Now, the game IS a fantasy RPG and in the Abyss you'll get the first taste of it.​

I asked Scott to go over the Abyss doc and breathe his magic into the words. He seemed to like it: "I really like this one, especially the end. It's a great idea, bringing together the history and the ultimate realization of a violent and amoral world. You've created the anti-Chosen One."​

Sounds awesome. There are several writing examples from the Abyss included, as well as a bunch of screenshots of Maadoran, the city that will be featured in the upcoming pre-order exclusive beta release.

April

Educated
Backers-only beta release? Have I missed something, can't find anything about it on the first page of the IT forum.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I think he is talking about the ones who preordered.

Thursday can't come soon enough. I want to play this game in September. You hear me Vault Dweller ? In SEPTEMBER!

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I also can't wait to play new beta. It's a shame though that "the private testing will be Maadoran only with pre-built characters." Although this will allow me to restrain myself from playing the demo in every way possible giving me plenty of new things to do once the final release comes out.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Pre-built characters will be used for the closed beta-test only. When the second part of the game is released to those who pre-ordered it, they will be able to make their own characters, start in Teron, and then go to Maadoran.

Melcar

Arcane
Oh nothing. Just that the game has taken FOREVER and these monthly "updates" seem like the latest scheme from VD to keep interest on the game. I dare to say that by the time AoD comes out I will have ran out of whores to fuck and will probably be married.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
All the stuff goes through a closed beta test first.

If you mean why the demo is exclusive for pre-orders, it's because VD must think that was a cool idea to take from kickstarter and other indie scam games.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Because it will have bugs, scripting errors, balance issues, and such. They need to be ironed out first, so we'll work with people who helped us test the combat demo and the first 'full gameplay' demo. Then it will be released to those who pre-ordered.

We didn't plan to release more content until the game is ready, but we got a lot of requests for it (beta-access) from people who pre-ordered, so we decided to give them a chunk of the game to play. We *are* very grateful for their support, so that's the least we can do it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom