Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Might & Magic X Open Development: Dungeon Vote #3, Bonus Vote Results

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Limbic Entertainment; Might & Magic X: Legacy; Ubisoft

This week's Might & Magic X Legacy dungeon vote has begun. This one seems a bit silly:

You ruined our dungeon!

Just kidding. You made an excellent pick, voting for the ruins as a tileset for the dungeon we're creating together. Thanks to all of you who participated!​

Are you a riddler or a fighter? Or both?

For the next step, we're asking you to decide whether you want this dungeon to be combat- or riddle based, or whether you would like a balanced mix of both combat and riddles. Do you prefer to hack and slash your way through your dungeon, or would you rather use your wits instead of getting your hands dirty? It's your call! And of course, for those who like both, there's also the balanced option.​

The vote will be open until next friday.​

Please vote here.​

The balanced option seems like a no-brainer, right? I suppose, however, that the relative ranking of the other two options may help the designers decide which element should predominate.

Besides that, the two bonus votes have also concluded. The winner of the first bonus vote is the subtle and stylish green cover, and the winner of the second bonus vote is "The Dangling Woods", a stereotypical bard song. I wonder if the results would have been different if Limbic had done a better job explaining what exactly that vote was for.

Dorateen

Arcane
Wouldn't a riddler be the one asking the questions/creating the puzzles? Seems an odd way to term the player who wants to experience the riddles.

Also, why dice for the riddle option? I'm not convinced dice should have anything to do with RPG riddles. In fact, dice feel more appropriately associated with combat.

Eh, anyway, it's a Might & Magic game. The dungeon should feature both, in copious amounts.

I voted C, naturally.

Stabwound

Arcane
These polls are pretty empty. As though anyone was going to pick either of the other 2 ugly tilesets. I mean, a fucking palace dungeon?

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
These polls are pretty empty. As though anyone was going to pick either of the other 2 ugly tilesets. I mean, a fucking palace dungeon?

Hey, I voted for the palace.

:lol:

Seriously though, their PR tricks are really aimed at ten year old next-gen fags. The one about the "legacy dungeon" tileset for instance. After the vote is made we get this :
Mr Wizard said:
You ruined our dungeon!

Just kidding. You made an excellent pick,
So, irrelevant cosmetic choice, failed attempt at humour and pat on the back. Is this "Need for Speed Underground" or "Might and Magic" ? When do the sexy chicks show up ?

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Their attempt at crowd-development is definitely weird - feels like it's aimed at little children. Of course, since most of the posters over on their forums act like little children, it's quite fitting. :smug:

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
When do the sexy chicks show up ?

tumblr_mp09ghlgu61spjgmro1_500.jpg

:)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, is there hope of this being a worthy M&M sequel? Or just another game aimed at popamole kids?

It's definitely not aimed at popamole kids. Whether or not the team at Limbic is inspired enough to create a M&M game with interesting content, dungeons, puzzles, enemies, etc, remains to be seen. Even a proper oldschool RPG can be boring and uninspired, after all.

Luzur will tell us about that as soon as he gets a version of the game that actually mostly works. :P

Luzur

Good Sir
So, is there hope of this being a worthy M&M sequel? Or just another game aimed at popamole kids?

It's definitely not aimed at popamole kids. Whether or not the team at Limbic is inspired enough to create a M&M game with interesting content, dungeons, puzzles, enemies, etc, remains to be seen. Even a proper oldschool RPG can be boring and uninspired, after all.

Luzur will tell us about that as soon as he gets a version of the game that actually mostly works. :P

i am pretty sure any popamole kids will get frustrated for not being able to move at running speeds and duck into cover, and only being able to move one square at a time and being glued infront of your enemy until he is dead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom