Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Chris Avellone and Project Eternity at Rezzed 2013

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Chris Avellone; Kickstarter; Obsidian Entertainment; Project Eternity

Today is the first day of 2013's Rezzed, the plucky UK PC and indie gaming convention organized by RockPaperShotgun and Eurogamer. This year, Chris Avellone and Project Eternity are making an appearance. Thanks to the wonders of modern technology, you can watch the Project Eternity presentation live when it begins, at 14:55 GMT.

While you're waiting for it to start, you might want to watch this panel from earlier today, in which MCA and several other developers discussed Kickstarter and other new PC gaming business models.

You can watch all of Rezzed's shows for today at Eurogamer's YouTube channel, with more coming tomorrow.

Update: Aaand it's over. Due to technical issues, the presentation didn't actually start until around the 31 minute mark, so there was no time for a Q&A session. Chris did however find the time to show a bunch of new screenshots, concept art and even some design documents from Wasteland 2 (because Feargus won't let him show any Eternity docs). He also ran some gameplay footage, but it was just the prototype demo that we've already seen.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
ITZ ON!

...and the auditorium is empty :?

-----------------------------------------------

Images of New Stuff from Presentation

World Map:
11oojL8.jpg

Wilderness Area:
PCZIZjC.jpg

Wilderness Area Concept Art:
i9FWNvX.jpg

Defiance Bay:
8crjWP0.jpg

Vertical Slice Dungeon (Editor):
gBg6hkC.jpg

Vertical Slice Dungeon:
35zoTSM.jpg

Store:
AJRWdJ4.jpg

Animat Concept Art:
Vkh9IJ4.jpg

Animat Factory:
1JeEjSW.jpg

WIP User Interface:
Zi3jj1m.jpg

Wasteland 2 Design Docs:

e3MZRuA.jpg
mKfoXbq.jpg
n4tX8R3.jpg
ToebDCZ.jpg

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Lol that fat guy in front of the camera is funny. And where is a cute girl with dark hair that sat next to him? Dammit, she left...

Still waiting for the presentation to start... Hey, its Chris! ITZ STARTED!!!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
For fuck's sake! :x

It's finally on. Newcomers, skip to 31:00

Gozma

Arcane
they really had to sit those two guys next to chris eh?

Yeah that was cruel. All in t-shirts too. At least put the big nordics that don't work out around him

shit still aint started, I blame the publishers edit - then it did

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
shit buffers slower than the development of africa.
I'll just watch this once it's over...

Tigranes

Arcane
Seems like we'll get zero new info on PE. The W2 design docs were nice to look at.

Stream half-dying... oh great, I must have missed the new art.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom