Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Might & Magic X Open Development: New Votes, Boxed Deluxe Edition Announced

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Limbic Entertainment; Might & Magic X: Legacy; Ubisoft

The Might & Magic X Legacy open development blog has been updated frequently over the past couple of weeks. Today, the first voting session concluded and a new session has begun. I quote:

We asked you a couple of days ago what kind of dungeon you would like to create. More than half of everyone who voted has opted for creating a completely new dungeon from scratch, so that’s what we’ll do. Thank you to all who have voted!​

Here are the results from the first poll:

51% We want to design a completely new dungeon from scratch​
37% We want to revive one of the classic dungeons from the old M&M games​
12% We want to create a community-themed dungeon​

Pick your favourite dungeon tileset

So the next step will be for you to decide on the setting of the dungeon. There are three options:​

A: Castle
Dark, narrow corridors, small rooms, moist brickwork. The castle dungeon is the place to be on a summer day that’s way too hot … but on the other hand, you never know what’s around the next corner.​

B: Ruins
For those who are afraid of narrow spaces: the ruins will let you breathe more freely. Every corner exhales the air of a culture long gone, and all that remained is this formerly glorious, now pittoresquely crumbling architecture.​

C: Palace
Gloriously decorated rooms connected by short corridors – that’s what makes the palace special. There are lots of pillars, courtyards with plants and open ceilings, and daylight shines in through tiled windows.​

Besides that, there's also an additional "bonus vote". Apparently, there's been lots of demand for a boxed edition of this game, so Ubisoft have decided to produce a limited boxed Deluxe Edition, and they'd like us to vote on its cover art. I can't say the choices are particularly exciting, but according to the site they're not final versions, so maybe they'll improve.

JANKOhrp

Novice
Voting for box-arts is one thing, but dungeon tile-sets? Really? Does it really matter whether one dungeon is set in a castle or in ruins? Not like any of those are outlandish choices you would not see anywhere else in the game.

If someone told me a year ago this will happen, I would have never believed it. This kickstarter really did kickstart possibly a new era, where not all games are AAA popamole with cutscenes, and where there is choice even for a different audience (by proving there IS a market piece interested in non popamole games with better budgets than indie). I mean if UBISOFT produces this kind of game anything is possible...

Repressed Homosexual
Do you think you would have been proud to get a limited boxed edition of Legends of Grimrock? Why are you getting excited for a version of this one when you know it's clearly going to fall well short of JVC's standards and it will contain none of his innovative features and intelligence?

Luzur

Good Sir
Do you think you would have been proud to get a limited boxed edition of Legends of Grimrock? Why are you getting excited for a version of this one when you know it's clearly going to fall well short of JVC's standards and it will contain none of his innovative features and intelligence?

well, by now i am aware that JVC will never make a MM ever again, nor that NWC will rise up again fromt he grave and begin pumping out World of Xeen level of quality RPG's, so i kind ahave to make due with what we get.

also its a new MM, and i have tried the VIP demo.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

well, by now i am aware that JVC will never make a MM ever again, nor that NWC will rise up again fromt he grave and begin pumping out World of Xeen level of quality RPG's, so i kind ahave to make due with what we get.

And how WIP was the VIP demo? Is the magic still there?

Luzur

Good Sir

And how WIP was the VIP demo? Is the magic still there?

dunno how much i am allowed to say, but i would say...HD MM4-5 with the later 3D Wizardry vibes.

atleast thats my version of the story.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Luzur What later 3D Wizardry are you referring to? There's only one "late" Wizardry game - Wizardry 8. Unless you mean the Japanese games?

Luzur

Good Sir
There's a VIP demo?

How does one become a VIP
You should have applied for membership in a crack team of testers over at Ubisoft and sign a NDA. The process is already closed, so tough lack.

from what i know there was no application, i was selected by the mods and Limbic from a list of candidates.

although i kinda wish Sceptic had gotten a seat too.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There's a VIP demo?

How does one become a VIP
You should have applied for membership in a crack team of testers over at Ubisoft and sign a NDA. The process is already closed, so tough lack.

from what i know there was no application, i was selected by the mods and Limbic from a list of candidates.

although i kinda wish Sceptic had gotten a seat too.
Surely you've applied yourself by being a valued member of the community ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom