Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Old Gods has an EXTREME release trailer

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
At least paradox doesn't take itself too seriously like most of the tards, ie. bohemia interactive, which tries to be like LOOK AT OUR REALISTIC SOLDIER SIMULATOR and then puts magic bandages, same dude being able to pilot helicopters, planes and tractors and so on.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Honestly? Tried it for a bit and once again remembered why I don't want to play without mods. CKII is fun but feels so barebones without mods like TPATT or CKIIplus.

Plus sad to report that the portrait pack still looks rubbish compared to vanilla.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Zoroastrians are in a bad spot, so to speak.

They do start with a bonus army with which you can Holy Way a nearby Shiite duchy with little consequences(Everyone else around you is either Sunni or Tengri.).

But then you realize you're basically Georgia, stuck between two infidel religions. Gonna keep trying to revive Glorious Zoroastrianism.

I also played as the Norse and the Slavics. Slavics are fairly straightforward, but are vulnerable to Christian Kingdoms who are much, much more powerful. Norse on the other hand, can easily stomp through Britain. I managed to grab Northumberland and was very close to grabbing Mercia when I had to split my forces to protect against Scotland.

Oh, and you'll really want to fight for religion reformation, because otherwise Pagans only have Gavelkind.

EDIT: Yeah, it is really jarring switching from mods to no mods. Got a feeling it'll take a bit for the mods to be re-released, due to the changes for this one.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Yeah, the big mods are going to take awhile. They really overhauled a lot of the core mechanics. I really cannot understand why Pdox at least do not copy/implement some of the widely used features of these mods like more ambitions, decisions and plots. These things alone make the game so much more alive and it's basically a copy paste job for them to add them to a patch.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
He's being a twat. In the other thread I commented on the ridiculous whining about those portrait packs he constantly does. CKII had two excellent dlc that really improved the core gameplay. It's a bit early to tell but this one seems the third.

Had a shitload of fun raiding along the Scottish and Irish coast so far. Now, for someone to toss in some extra events and diplomatic actions like ransoms and the like and this will rock. Also, yay for Pdox finally introducing destructable holdings and buildings. No more constant incline to max settlements with max buildings all over. Now for someone to mod these into regular sieges as well...

Mortmal

Arcane
Fuck yeah, time to marry my sister.

Or conquer Europe for the track suit gods.

Choices...choices...

yes marry the sisters but also loot and take war prisoners as concubines . I think those paradox devs are reading the forums here and taking notes, its a very codexian dlc.

I'm mildly intrigued by the pillaging part. How difficult are the CK games for n00bs? My attempts at grand strategy games always end up with me cheating the most pathetic factions into total world conquest.

DakaSha

Arcane
It's the easiest of all Paradox Games, by far.

While at the same time being cheap as fuck. You can lose by pure randomness (at least early game).

In fact, this is no joke and it's pretty hilarious: My very very very first time firing this up I chose some count in southwest England and literally died the moment i unpaused. I guess because of the war there, and my count being part of that, he was taking part in a battle and the RNG decided to have him killed immediately. I was confused as shit.

Having said that, this is probably the paradox title that pisses me off the least, which isn't saying much.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
CK2 is easy when you know the rules, but as a noob it's easy to fuck up if you're not paying attention to the succession or vassal relations. Even if you're a big blob things can go to hell very fast.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Fuck yeah, time to marry my sister.

Or conquer Europe for the track suit gods.

Choices...choices...

yes marry the sisters but also loot and take war prisoners as concubines . I think those paradox devs are reading the forums here and taking notes, its a very codexian dlc.

Holy shit, I just did that. I can't believe it, Paradox actually added a rape button.

1334659877211.jpg

Dark Age Rance?

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Rape? Every concubine so far have no negative opinion modifiers. Which mean they totally asked for it and liked it.
Anyway, if you play slavic pagan, you can do almost anything - scourge and purge, and with ridiculously mbalanced Subjugation of [Kingdom] you can amass huge army within several years as Russian kingdoms means you can take half the map just by subjugation.
Plus, it's quite easy to reform - you have to grab Kiev, Plock and Novgorod to start reform.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom