Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Crusader Kings 2: The Old Gods available for pre-order and Technology Dev Diary

curry

Arcane
I'm surprised that the new tech system comes in a free patch and not a DLC. After all, Paradox is pretty much the most Jew game developer.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Why are you surprised? How would you imagine the network game between DLC and a game with missing content (e.g. without 22 DLCs) if tech systems were different?

Although I can only imagine the agony of Paradox when they decided to add some feature for free that isn't bugfix. I mean the whole move from paid to free patches with CK2 was a massive undertaking by Paradox already.

Maybe in another 10 years their games will be finished on release and you won't have to buy missing textures back.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
cautiously optimistic about the tech stuff... wonder how broken it will be for the AI

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I'm surprised that the new tech system comes in a free patch and not a DLC. After all, Paradox is pretty much the most Jew game developer.
The new technology system is a fundamental change to the game, if they made it DLC only they'd have to maintain two separate tech systems in all future patches.

I wish they'd be a bit more generous and make the new landless adventurer system and rebel system free, playable pagans and the 867 start date should be plenty of incentive for people to buy the DLC.

When Paradox announced the new CK2 DLC system they said that the DLCs would be self contained and you'd only need to buy the ones that interest you, and the Sword of Andhaira DLC lived up to that, but since then they've started throwing in small features that are unrelated to the DLC's theme and that significantly change gameplay for everyone.

Overall I'm happy though, the DLCs have greatly improved the game and keeps it fresh, and the cost is trivial for an employedfag like myself. :)

MetalCraze

Arcane
Lolololo bro if you had a job you would enjoy Paradox demanding you to pay 10 times more for stuff that should've been in the game from the start. Since only unemployed hipsters care if the dev is releasing a subpar product and then milking the fuck out of it

It's only bad when a dev cool to hate does it like Bioware - only hipsters won't appreciate Paradox cutting out content from the game or not even finishing it to sell it back later and cumming in their mouth

2/3 countries unplayable on release but the game has AAA price? Duh stupid - that's because Paradox cares about you!

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The new technology system is a fundamental change to the game, if they made it DLC only they'd have to maintain two separate tech systems in all future patches.

I wish they'd be a bit more generous and make the new landless adventurer system and rebel system free, playable pagans and the 867 start date should be plenty of incentive for people to buy the DLC.

When Paradox announced the new CK2 DLC system they said that the DLCs would be self contained and you'd only need to buy the ones that interest you, and the Sword of Andhaira DLC lived up to that, but since then they've started throwing in small features that are unrelated to the DLC's theme and that significantly change gameplay for everyone.

Overall I'm happy though, the DLCs have greatly improved the game and keeps it fresh, and the cost is trivial for an employedfag like myself. :)

Indeed, the DLCs have mostly been quality ones (though I still can't take an aztec invasion seriously...), and nowadays you can find the whole package with every released DLC for 15$, so it definitely is a good deal.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Helly The Aztec DLC was intended as a joke, so it's good that you're not taking it seriously :) The extreme amounts of butthurt it caused among certain parts of the Paradox fanbase was also very entertaining.
The backlash probably means that Paradox will avoid fantasy DLCs from now on though, which cuts off a lot of possibilities.

MetalCraze

Arcane
AAA = $40?

Oh geez 10 bucks short of $50 for a game with only 1/3 content present with Paradox going as low as selling texture DLCs for other fucking DLCs and face packs that are generated by a facegen that's already in the game, DLC just unlocks more stuff it can generate? Yes dude that's not a big deal I'm sure the total price of all 25 DLCs is something like $10 and not twice the game's original price.

Horse Armor is a work of pure evil but cutting out music, portraits and textures to sell them separately is a mana from heaven. Hey but at least Paradox doesn't force you to pay for patches like before, sure that's gotta count for something eh?

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
This again? They only released two dlc that really added to the game. Both of those defenitely were not 'cut' from original development and have brought mayor incline. Akin to the expansions of yore. All the rest is merely cosmetic bull that everyone can safely skip. Portrait packs from modders are much better and with a little fiddling you can add whatever music you want to the game yourself. The Old Gods looks poised to become the third must have expansion. Cry me a fucking river about a dev who actually keeps improving their games.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This again? They only released two dlc that really added to the game. Both of those defenitely were not 'cut' from original development and have brought mayor incline. Akin to the expansions of yore. All the rest is merely cosmetic bull that everyone can safely skip. Portrait packs from modders are much better and with a little fiddling you can add whatever music you want to the game yourself. The Old Gods looks poised to become the third must have expansion. Cry me a fucking river about a dev who actually keeps improving their games.
Skyway is just butthurt, because BIS cuts out content (high res textures) from the original games (ArmA 2 only so far, but they will probably do something just as retarded in ArmA3) in their patches to include them in payable expansions, so he hates every kind of a DLC or expansion.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Why Skyway rages he can't play Musli and Heathen countries in Game called Crusader Kings? He should be happy Paradox included glorious Roman Empire (inclineed massively with with DLC and Rus... still so so )

Angthoron

Arcane
Skyway is just butthurt, because BIS cuts out content (high res textures) from the original games (ArmA 2 only so far, but they will probably do something just as retarded in ArmA3) in their patches to include them in payable expansions, so he hates every kind of a DLC or expansion.
But does it cut from tires and then sell it as DLC to round up the experience? :M

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
But does it cut from tires and then sell it as DLC to round up the experience? :M
Just high-tech weapon textures so far.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Just noticed this is $15. I'm pretty fucking sure they said it was going to be $10. Plus too much of the shit is DLC only. They're really starting to regress on their earlier philosophy (each DLC has been respectively worse), and it's not like their new philosophy didn't see them selling more copies than ever.

Konjad

Patron
Just noticed this is $15. I'm pretty fucking sure they said it was going to be $10. Plus too much of the shit is DLC only. They're really starting to regress on their earlier philosophy, and it's not like their new philosophy didn't see them selling more copies than ever.

Go there: http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/pl/en/pc/games/strategy/crusader-kings-ii-old-gods/

Use this voucher:
20OFFVoucher_Top-offer-box12.jpg

Enjoy the add-on for $12.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
$15 is kind of steep. Will wait for the inevitable 75% off, especially that I don't really have 50+ spare hours to sink into this game right now, and it doesn't make much sense to do less than that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom