Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Legends of Eisenwald Greenlit by Steam

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Aterdux Entertainment; Legends of Eisenwald

I'm pleased to announce that Codex pet project Legends of Eisenwald has been Greenlit by the Steam community. Here's the official announcement:

In continuing with smaller, more frequent batches, we've just Greenlit six more games.

These titles were selected on the same criteria we have been using in the past: Votes in Greenlight give us a hugely valuable point of data in gauging community interest along with external factors such as press reviews, crowd-funding successes, performance on other platforms, and awards and contests to help form a more complete picture of community interest in each title.

Here are the latest titles advancing through Steam Greenlight, and being offered worldwide distribution via Steam.
  • Bleed
  • Game Dev Tycoon
  • The Legend
  • Legends of Eisenwald
  • RIOT
  • Stardew Valley
As with past batches, these titles will be released independently in the weeks or months ahead, as they complete development and integrate with any of the Steamworks features they are interested in utilizing.

Keep up the voting and help your favorite games get the attention they deserve. Also, be sure to join the Steam Greenlight Official Group for the latest news and announcements.​

Congratulations to the folks at Aterdux Entertainment! I know you guys were afraid it would never happen - I'm glad you were wrong! You can read the Aterdux team's own comments about this in Legends of Eisenwald's latest Kickstarter update.

Legends of Eisenwald is scheduled to be released sometime around September this year.

kazgar

Arcane
Hoorah!

Wonder if that article they wrote last week defending the process helped, just enough of a profile raise at the right time?

Though it doesn't really matter why, its done and everyone benefits.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Aterdux roams everywhere! :) And thank you for this post Infinitron. I still don't understand the logic Steam picks projects and I am glad I was wrong in my predictions, I thought we would get there eventually but it would take more effort. That's one of those cases where I am glad to be wrong :)

Azurite Games

Learned
Congratz Alex and all the guys at Aterdux, I hope this is the first big step for you being able to make more games you love, keep it coming!! =)

Essegi

Cipher
Happy for Legneds Of Eisenwald.
And for Bleed too that is awesome, bought at indiegamestand and enjoyed a lot.

godsend1989

Scholar
Divinity: Original Sin
What i dont understand is why only humanoids i mean its a fucking game afterall not a movie, add some creatures or something.

Bulba

Learned
this should increase their sales quite a lot. hope they make good game and get rich from it. Trough personaly, I don't like steem so will be getting my drm free version from gog. some dev have alloud their games to be played completly offline (without even the need to launch steam apps), so I hope they do the same

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
this should increase their sales quite a lot. hope they make good game and get rich from it. Trough personaly, I don't like steem so will be getting my drm free version from gog. some dev have alloud their games to be played completly offline (without even the need to launch steam apps), so I hope they do the same
We are in contact with GOG and they seem very cool and friendly. While I can't promise anything at this moment, but I strongly hope they will take us (I don't see why not). That will make it so much more easier for us to deal with DRM-free version distribution.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Here is a link for your entertainment, not everyone seems happy about us being greenlit :) It kind of beats me that people can't understand that their game can be as popular as they want to think, but if they don't get enough votes on Steam, it doesn't count. Being in top 30 and keep complaining that games in top 10 are greenlit before them is ridiculous.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Here is a link for your entertainment, not everyone seems happy about us being greenlit :) It kind of beats me that people can't understand that their game can be as popular as they want to think, but if they don't get enough votes on Steam, it doesn't count. Being in top 30 and keep complaining that games in top 10 are greenlit before them is ridiculous.

Re: your comment
I don't think it's necessarily true that Steam users like single player more, but Greenlight voters might.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer

Re: your comment
I don't think it's necessarily true that Steam users like single player more, but Greenlight voters might.

Thank you, that might be a better statement. We heard so many comments about - thank God it's single player - that my opinion might be too much influenced by that. Also, I have been following many MMO projects, there are a lot of comments by Greenlight voters like: MMO = instant No. So, I think multi-player and MMO are perceived in a different way, with much more negativity towards MMO.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Lol @ anime fag named 'battou' whining his shitty game didn't get Greenlit. Re: single vs. multiplayer the lion's share of comments I've seen on Greenlight are usually in the vein of: 'WTF NOooo multiplayer? Gief pl0x.' Like everyone under their late twenties or so expects every single game to have multiplayer. People don't want more crappy F2P MMO but they do seem to want multiplayer. Of course, I think that's laughable because I'm old enough to remember when there were no multiplayer games and, quite frankly, certain genres are just better off as single player.

Edit: my response added to the Steam thread.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Metro, reallly cool response out there, pity no brofist button on Steam :) And whining doesn't help, how come people don't get it. Especially bad is whining coming from developers about how bad Greenlight is in the major media. Don't they realize that it's Valve people that ultimately decide which game gets on Steam and it's better not to piss them off? Such simple things and yet it continues to amaze me that many people don't get it. Well, we all know that tactical turn-based RPGs are for smart people.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
You definitely took the right course and while I was a bit disgruntled that it took a while for Eisenwald to get Greenlit; there were numerous examples of similar/old school games -- like Vault Dweller's AoD Deluxe Vapor Ware Edition! -- that did make it through the process proving if the demand were high enough it would eventually get through. It's good that the recent indie trend has spurred more creativity and given more smaller developers a chance to make a successful game where they wouldn't have in the past but it's also breeded a lot of people making generic crap looking for a quick financial score. I frankly don't see the need for another anime-centric F2P MMO (seems like there have been at least a dozen of those released on Steam) but that's just me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom