Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News New Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods developer diary - Events, Decisions and Zoroastrians

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tags: Crusader Kings II; Paradox Interactive; The Old Gods

gaming-crusader-kings-2-the-old-gods-concept-art-4.jpg

Paradox has released another developer diary for Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods, this time talking about several events for the different Pagan groups, namely festivals.

At the end, however, they devote a small section to the Zoroastrians. They talk about how very few independent Zoroastrian realms exist, how reclaiming Persia will give your ruler a unique trait, and how you have the unique ability to commit greater incest than normal.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Zoroastrians- fuck your sisters, mothers, daughters.
Vikings - pillage and take chicks as concubines.
Paradox is walking the right path.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
I honestly can't wait for this one. Not only because of the whole pagan deal but also because of all the other little improvements to the base game they've mentioned. Better rebellions alone will make shit way more interesting.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Only we need now is tasteful love button for prisoners... especially those who're not ransomed... Seriously had claim holders in my dungeons who would prefer the marriage into my glorious dynasty to being imprisoned, castrated, blinder and/or executed... I know claim would be weak one but Paradox is too PC to include this same as with :keepmyjewgold: and instead give us fantasy tropes like Aztecs invading? What next Faggot Elves!?
Liberul weaklings :killit:

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
I can't understant why Paradox put so few events in the vanilla. Ton of mods made thousands of events, and best mods even balanced them. Yet CK2 remain with rather poor optin of interaction with family, dynasty, rivals and shit.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Prolly because they're usually working with small teams and wanted their programmers to do other stuff. Them at least moving partially away from dynasty sim/rpg to a more mappaitning oriented game also had something to do with this. I was mightely disappointed by the amounts of events at launch but thankfully the patches, dlc and mostly mods have fixed that.

What I am still surprised with is how few decisions, ambitions, objectives and plots they've added since though. These really make the game come to live but they're still pretty much at launch level. Again, mods fixed that but I'm rather surprised Pdox didn't even simply copy some of the most basic ones into one of their patches...

Mortmal

Arcane
Clearly day one purchase and zoroastrians wil be tried first. Hmm the backstabbing, mariages assassinations , and devious plots this will offer...

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Yeah, Zoros look pretty rad. I was originally going to play a ruler that follows the religion of track suits, but making a harem of my sisters seems more appealing.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Even in vanilla CK2 I had a situation where the tzar of Russia was a homosexual midget. I can't wait for the crazy stuff that will be able to happen with this DLC (add-on?) installed. :incline:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Here's my pitch for an official Codex Zorro Heir Challenge:

Can your father be your grandfather and great-grandfather as well?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom