Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Leviathan: Warships has set sail

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
It's good. The singleplayer is not much to speak of, although it's quite demanding for a that seems to be a casual one. The multiplayer on the other hand is where the fun is. Well worth the small price.

Tytus

Arcane
Any impressions? Tytus, care to share Yours?

I only played the single player mode, cause let's say I wasn't interested in playing multiplayer. I hoped for a good experience. A thing that was lacking in Gratuitous Space Battles. Sadly the single player was horrible. The fact that you get 3-5 ships and you're expected to sink 30-40 enemies vessels is absurd. It's video gamey that I feel more like I'm playing some old Nintendo game or something.

Equipping your vessels with armaments is also bullshit. On top of the point limit you have an armament limit, which destroys all the fun. It's frustrating to see that I still have so much room but I can place for example only 4 auto turrets. And auto turrets are generally broken. I just equipped my interceptors with auto turrets not giving them anything else (like shields) and the sheer density of the barrage was high I could blow through almost any mission. Some missions were so stupid I only stood in one place destroying everything that came to me. It was the equivalent of conservation of ninjutsu. And after the mission I discovered I sunk 28 vessels with only some minor damage.

Probably the multiplayer section is better, but for a game that is advertised as a turn based "strategy" with a single player mode - It's shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom