Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Help InXile Pick Wasteland 2 Logo

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: InXile Entertainment; Wasteland 2

InXile Entertainment have set up a poll on Wasteland 2's official forums so you would help them pick the logo for the game from the five short-listed examples:

We've been posting versions of the Wasteland 2 logo and tweaking it based on feedback. On top of the great suggestions we've gotten, we also received some good submissions from the community, and we've selected a few that we think could work. These images - especially the fan-submitted ones - are still subject to minor tweaks and changes, but we wanted your opinion on which one you feel is best.

Keep in mind the logo could go on the T-shirts and its design should stand out for that. Colors will be changed depending on T-shirt color requirement

Click on the image to view a larger version

Wasteland 2 logo version 1 - inXile's first take

Wasteland 2 logo version 2 - inXile's second take

Wasteland 2 logo version 3 - inXile's third take

Wasteland 2 logo version 4 - submitted by Francisco Manuel Ferreiro

Wasteland 2 logo version 5 - submitted by Evan Meichtry​

Vote here! (To vote, you need to register on the W2 forums first.)

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Number 1 obv if they could get some of those cool glass bullet holes on it.

uAUifHb.png

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Depends on the tone of the game really.

If it's a bit wacky, then the first one would be a good fit wouldn't it?

MCA
InXile's first take looks particularly shit.

I liked #5 the best; the colours and the subtle crumbling are great sans the Desert Ranger logo and the lines.

9758.jpg

Ironic that it has the original cover in it.

MasPingon

Arcane
None of them look great, but if i had to choose it would be this one

9756_thumb.jpg

Rest of them look campy. If that's the idea, I'm fine with it, but even so they are in bad taste. I mean bad bad taste

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I like the 4th one the best, the one by Francisco. However it seems the 3rd one is the most popular and I really don't mind- it looks damn good as well :)

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I like the second one (it's the most interesting one visually and the star looks great), but the gold is too much. It would work better if the star was made of brass and showed signs of aging, i.e. darker star, lighter font, not the other way around. Like this:

DSC_0810_zps584c8a85.png

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah I like 2 the best. I feel it has the best "feeling" of Wasteland, with the Ranger Badge. The badge is too pronounced though, and needs to be toned down a bit.

That said: If the 3rd one could emulate the "destruction" feel of this better:

roadtokickstarter.jpg

I really like this (the purple color needs to go though), but not as the official logo.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Looks like it's amateur hour over at inxile, either they don't have the time, or they simply don't care much about the logo (i can understand both). But if you bother to design 5 shitty logo's you should have the time to design a good one.

Having to choose one, it would be number 4.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I voted for #3 because I FUCKING LOVE THIS:

WL2logo-800x600.jpg

But I think #2 is more fitting, but I just don't like the look of it.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Who the fuck cares about a logo?

Wake me up with links to gameplay polls.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom