Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dead State Greenlit by Steam

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Dead State; DoubleBear Productions

Brian Mitsoda's Dead State is the latest CRPG to be greenlit in Steam's latest set of titles upvoted by the community, in the venerable company of games most of which I have never even heard of. Good news anyway. Congratulations, Brian and Annie!

We're excited to announce the sixth set of games and software titles to advance through Steam Greenlight, and be offered worldwide distribution via Steam. With weeks of busy voters and exciting new games hitting Greenlight, this batch is comprised of 20 items in total--18 games and two software titles--bringing the total to over 90 titles Greenlit since Steam Greenlight launched in August.

The latest software titles:
  • PlayClaw
  • GamePlan
The latest games:
  • Agarest: Generations of War
  • Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures
  • Battle Worlds: Kronos
  • City of Steam
  • Cradle
  • Dead State
  • Dead Trigger
  • Death Inc.
  • Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey
  • Elsword
  • Faceless
  • Frozen Endzone
  • Hammerwatch
  • Legend of Dungeon
  • Pinball Arcade
  • Planet Explorers
  • Rush Bros.
  • Shovel Knight
Source.

Now Steam just needs to greenlight Underrail, ffs.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
No Eisenwald? :decline:
Kudos to the Dead State crew tho, congratulations on the victory against GabeN!

deuxhero

Arcane
Why Agarest? Of all the jRPGs you can port to the PC, why one so consistently noted for being god awful?

Port Operation Darkness if it needs to be a 360 game with no non-Ghostlight European publisher (you can fix the camera in the process), or hell, put the translation of Tales in the Sky in the PC version.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How did Dead State get Greenlit before Underrail?
Why Agarest? Of all the jRPGs you can port to the PC, why one so consistently noted for being god awful?

Port Operation Darkness if it needs to be a 360 game with no non-Ghostlight European publisher (you can fix the camera in the process), or hell, put the translation of Tales in the Sky in the PC version.
But you get to marry little girls with huge racks!

Self-Ejected

Cosmic Misogynerd

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2013 Divinity: Original Sin
Congratulations to the Double Bear team. What a letdown that those faux-retro games got Greenlited (Shovel Knight just ended its Kickstarter) and Eisenwald will need to wait more. Maybe you guys need to hook up with bitComposer for a more faster process?

deuxhero

Arcane
How did Dead State get Greenlit before Underrail?

But you get to marry little girls with huge racks!
But I want to marry actual 2d little girls, not huge breasted dwarfs

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
So this means there's now a set date they have to have it completed by because of Steam submission standards, correct?

No. Greenlight games don't need to have any type of completion date.

Repressed Homosexual
I really despise Greenlight and Steam's sheer arrogance and hypocrisy. Come on my good little poodle, jump through all these hoops! This is BS, there is no good reason for all these games not to be on Steam. This is only a mean by Valve to gain more control and power, and a lot of free publicity. I'm so sick of all this.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Looks like shovelware. This is Valve's high standards?
Anyone can get on greenlight, I mean bonetown was on there for a while.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom