Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Torment Kickstarter Update #18: Assorted Administrative Details

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: InXile Entertainment; Kevin Saunders; Torment: Tides of Numenera

As promised last week, today's Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter update sums up the crowdfunding campaign's final tally, as well as providing various other administrative details. Here are the important bits:

This update covers some important administrative matters. In general, we plan to make more use of our tumblr site and Facebook to share information on the project – we will use Kickstarter updates less frequently and to provide information we want to communicate to all backers. So if you want the most and latest Torment information, please follow our tumblr site. This allows you to opt-in if you want to hear more from us.​

The Final Tally

Through April 5th, our donations via PayPal came to $160,495, yielding a total of almost $4.35M (and just over 77K backers) through the end of Friday!​

As we mentioned over the weekend, we will include all donations through PayPal through April 30th in determining whether the $4.5M Stretch Goal was met. An additional $19,575 was donated since the Kickstarter ended, and we are currently at $4,368,997 as of the end of Sunday. Through the end of the month, we’ll be posting new totals on tumblr on Mondays and Thursdays, so please follow us there if you are interested in tracking our progress toward $4.5M. New pledges, pledge upgrades, and add-ons will all count toward whether or not this Stretch Goal is met.​

Managing Your Pledge and Add-Ons

Following Wasteland 2, we set up our own database system to manage backer pledges, add-ons, and such. We’ll be leveraging this system for Torment as well. If you haven’t already, please register with us at our website.​

Over the next month or so, we’ll receive the information from Kickstarter regarding your pledges and this information will become available in our system. We will notify you when this transfer is complete – at that time you’ll be able to see information there regarding your pledge. From our experience with the end of Wasteland 2’s Kickstarter, we expect this process to take several weeks – we appreciate your patience.​

Another month or two after that, we’ll ask you for information regarding add-ons you may have selected, get your address information for sending you any physical goods, and ask you any other questions related to your pledge. We don’t plan to do this through Kickstarter’s system, but through our own. This allows us greater flexibility and to consolidate all of the PayPal backers and Kickstarter backers in one location.​

Forums and UserVoice

Some have asked about a forum for Torment. We do have an interim forum that we set-up a couple weeks ago alongside the Wasteland 2 forums (scroll down). We may do more with Torment forums in the future, but here at least is a temporary home outside of the RPG communities linked to on our tumblr site. (Communities who wish to be added to this list, please contact us.)​

We plan to continue to use the UserVoice system throughout development. We have found this experiment to be good for some purposes, but we are still iterating on how to best use it and we’ll probably make changes in the weeks and months to come. After we have the list of confirmed backers from Kickstarter (within the next month or so), we will have backer-only forums on UserVoice. (We may or may not keep a public forum that non-backers can access.) Note that registering for Torment as mentioned above also registers you for the Torment UserVoice system.​

Remember, there's going to be a vote on the game's combat system sometime within the next few months, so make sure to register.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Remember, there's going to be a vote on the game's combat system sometime within the next few months, so make sure to register.

Seriously? They are not going to decide by themselves? I thought all of the ranting about how gamers get to decide is just a load of claptrap.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Seriously? They are not going to decide by themselves? I thought all of the ranting about how gamers get to decide is just a load of claptrap.

They'll decide on two or three combat systems, all of which they consider acceptable, and let the backers vote which one they prefer.

Hopefully the tide of TB sweeps on the votes (rtwp biodrones attention span should be too short to remember the pledge after a few months), and that Codex will be vigilant and vote TB.

~RAGING BONER~

Learned
RTwp is gonna come in at the last second and steal the money shot...the best you aspies can hope for is phase based. Save yourself from the disappointment.
in before TB combat comes in last with a paltry number of votes.

You seem to be very butthurt about TB. May I suggest getting the fuck out of here, maybe?
n667996074_3181317_863410.jpg

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Turn based was way more popular than phase based on uservoice. I think a good amount of people just don't understand phased based when it's explained.

AngryKobold

Arcane
I took a look at the "Uservoice". Left in disgust soon after.

Most of the entries presents a catastrophic low level. Sort of dumb teenager coming up with a concept he noticed in even dumber JRPG he played last week. Or worse, something so obvious it ain't even funny to see someone actually asking for it.

It's just a trick to keep the main forums clean (after the lesson with Wasteland 2), right? And to make users believe their opinion is worth anything. In other words: a trash can for overall retarded crap people write in surge of inspiration.

Right?

Ouch.

I guess it means: no. Fuck. I knew it.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
/r/Torment Torment Reddit
GameBanshee RPG Site
RPGWatch RPG Site
RPGCodex RPG Site
Rock, Paper, Shotgun PC Blog
Why are we not listed first under RPG Communities? After all the love we've given Avellone and you! I am incredulous.

Sprout

Educated
So, uhh, are they going to let the fans decide or not?
If not, then they kind of contradicted themselves in the vision document.
Personally I'd prefer that they just let fans express their opinion and then decide...
But yeah, what the hell. I'm sure they know what they're doing, I hope.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I'm voting the "no combat at all" option, don't need it in my Torment. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom