Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community $5k for a Codexian Torment Obelisk, + raffle prizes!

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Numenera KickStarter; Torment: Tides of Numenera

The official KickStarter campaign for Torment is over, however inXile are still accepting pledges via PayPal. Our aim is to see if we can reach $5,000 for our own contribution which will score us a bunch of prizes:

For the Benefit of all Codexia
+ DESIGN AN NPC
+ DESIGN AN ITEM
+ INCLUDE YOUR NAME IN-GAME ON A TOMBSTONE (Be Dead and Remembered).
+ CRAFT AN OBELISK FROM A LOST EMPIRE recognizing your greatness in the Valley of Dead Heroes.
+ rpgcodex.net included in the credits FUCK YEAH.

Digital Copies
+ 30x Digital downloadable copies of Torment: Tides of Numenera (These will go to the top 30 donors as per the donor list. If anyone doesn't want theirs, it will be offered to the next person down the line).

Collector's Box (highest donor)
Backer-Only COLLECTOR'S EDITION BOXED COPY which includes Game DVD for PC, MAC OSX, or Linux - SIGNED by Brian Fargo and the development team.
+ Classic Printed Manual
+ Cloth Map
+ Printed Concept Art Book
+ Audio CD Soundtrack from Mark Morgan
+ DRM-free digital soundtrack
+ Digital Concept Art
+ Digital Game Manual
+ Digital High Resolution Art
+ Digital Torment Novella Compilation
+ Digital Map

Raffle Prizes
> $200 - LIMITED EDITION Torment: Tides OF NUMENERA BUST/STATUETTE OF AN IN-GAME CHARACTER (approximately 12 in. (0.3m)) SIGNED AND NUMBERED BY THE SCULPTOR
> $100 - LIMITED EDITION TORMENT CONCEPT PIECE SIGNED AND NUMBERED BY THE ORIGINAL ARTIST
> $50 - LARGE CLOTH WALL MAP
> $25 - HARDCOVER LEATHERBOUND NUMENERA COREBOOK, signed by MONTE COOK
> $20 - PRINTED NUMENERA PLAYER'S GUIDE, signed by MONTE COOK
> $10 - PRINTED TORMENT NOVELLA COMPILATION from members of the original Planescape/Planescape: Torment team, Colin McComb, Adam Heine, and Ray Vallese - SIGNED by the authors​

The NPC, item and Obelisk are obviously for the benefit of all Codexians. However, we will raffle off some of the other stuff to those who donate (given I'll be the one receiving all this stuff and I've got no intent on holding on to it all).

First of all, the signed COLLECTOR'S EDITION BOXED COPY will go to the highest donor (or they can choose to gift it to someone else if they are already getting one). As for the rest:
  1. Each $200 scores you a ticket in the draw for the BUST/STATUETTE (IE: Donate $400 and you'll have two tickets).
  2. Each $100 or more scores you a ticket for the CONCEPT PIECE (IE: Donate $200 and you'll have one ticket in the BUST/STATUETTE draw and 2 tickets in the CONCEPT PIECE draw).
  3. Each $50 or more nets you a ticket for the WALL MAP.
  4. $25 a ticket for the NUMENERA COREBOOK .
  5. $20 a ticket for the PLAYER'S GUIDE.
  6. $10 a ticket for the NOVELLA.
So yes, donate $200 and you'll have 1 ticket for the BUST, 2 for the CONCEPT PIECE, 4 for the WALL MAP draw, 8 in the COREBOOK, 10 for the GUIDE and 20 for the NOVELLA draw.

But... in order to spread the love around, you will only be able to win one item. EG: If you score yourself the wall map, your name will be ineligible in the other raffle draws. We'll draw the most expensive raffles first (so whomever wins the statue, won't be able to win any of the rest of the raffles). And as with our previous raffle, the whole thing will be filmed to ensure fairness and legitimacy. However, the raffles won't be conducted until the Torment game nears completion.

We will keep accepting donations until the 14th April 2013. Donate here!

Temaperacl

Erudite
Will you accept requests to withdraw from certain (or all) raffles or should any such requests wait until closer to the raffle?

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Will you accept requests to withdraw from certain (or all) raffles or should any such requests wait until closer to the raffle?
I will accept requests to withdraw people's names from certain raffles, yes. Better make 'em now before everyone forgets.

Hmm... Now I'm wondering how I'll keep track of that all... Should've added a note field.

Temaperacl

Erudite
Then I would like to withdraw my name from all except the Cloth Wall Map (That is, withdraw from 1,2,4,5,6).

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Then I would like to withdraw my name from all except the Cloth Wall Map (That is, withdraw from 1,2,4,5,6).

Jesus how rich are you? The only reason you would withdraw is because you donated enough in the KS get all of this stuff already. You have been registered since 2002, always donate huge to each fundraiser or KS drive but rarely post. Are you the supreme lurker or maybe you are DU in disguise. You always come across as a standup guy and not a bastard so you're probably not DU. So who is your alt? People want to know!

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Will we get a cool tag like race traitor?

Or have a cool sub-forum like Guantanamo discuss why our avatars are not done yet?

Gurkog

Erudite
Project: Eternity
I won't have any spare change for a month. Wish I could donate to this drive as well, because Codexia deserves to be accredited as the bringer of incline.... or permanently acknowledged as the assholes who supported the decline. Guess it just depends on how the games turn out.
:love:

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Will we get a cool tag like race traitor?
Yes. Although I have absolutely no idea how I'm going to automate all those tags yet. Currently still adding in payments from previous campaigns...

Temaperacl

Erudite
The only reason you would withdraw is because you donated enough in the KS get all of this stuff already.
I actually only donated $5 to the KS. My plan is to do a backer-store upgrade depending on how the combat decision goes. The reason I withdrew from the first two raffles are that I am not actually interested in those items and so I improve my chances of getting one that I am actually interested in and leave those items to people who will appreciate them more. For raffles 4&5, I donated enough to the Numenera campaign that I am already getting those books. For 6, it is just a matter of leaving those to people who will appreciate them more.

Are you the supreme lurker or maybe you are DU in disguise.
Even without taking circumstances into account, I'm pretty much just a lurker by nature. At my biggest peaks (on DAC and FMF), I still wasn't posting more than once every couple of days on average.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm out of money so I won't be able to donate more than the $5 I've already given. Pity, because some of the prizes are really neat. :(
If I had this info sooner, I would've moved my direct pledge to the Codex fundraiser. Can't cancel it now. :oops:

BTW, DarkUnderlord. Does this mean that Divinity: Original Sin fundraiser won't be revealed until after April 14th?

MCA
I've found some interesting statistics. As of writing this;

Between the Codex fundraisers for WL2 and PE, 91 out of 170 WL2 backers have donated exclusively to WL2 fundraiser and 86 out of 165 PE backers have donated exclusively to PE fundraiser. 79 posters have donated to both WL2 and PE. A total of 256 people have donated to either or both WL2 & PE.

Of those who have donated to either or both of WL2 & PE, only 69 out of 256 total have donated to Torment.

Moreover, a total of 267 people have donated to either Codex fundraisers excluding Torment (WL2, DS, PE, Original Sin) and only 75 out of 267 have donated to Torment.

So it's likely that we could still get a decent amount of milking mileage from those remaining 192 posters. Thereby, I'm taking this as another chance to summon-spam everyone who has ever donated to any of the Codex fundraisers excluding those who have already donated to Torment. Sorry if you have replied to my previous summon-spam; I couldn't be bothered to go through everyone who has done so:

// Lonerville Chris Avellone deus101 Harpsichord Crooked Bee denizsi Ed123 Takeda Kenshi oldmanpaco Spectacle // toro PorkaMorka Random Word Stauff Alex TripJack Lord Rocket Sulimo Aeschylus Kthan75 // wesmo ChumBucket Icewater Palikka 20 Eyes Pegultagol moraes Nex Muty Country_Gravy // Rohit_N krist2 Admiral jimbob quasimodo airhead Atomic thesisko grotsnik Foxtrix Markman // Brayko Krraloth Joff1981 mugarod Phelot hiver Morkar Executer Azael Cedric // Cedric Appleby Mangoviir Beautiful Clown Painting Dr. West ksjav Commissar Draco meeneque skallagrim Descent zMonk // VonVentrue VentilatorOfDoom Kitako St. Toxic FaChoi Darth Roxor Bluebottle good little toastboy majestik12 Kersey // Angelo85 tarkin Jaedar Toffeli Azalin Abraxas MaskedMan Soilent Green meh trais // Outlander codexian reject TehGary Lexx fumffup Marshall Malibu MessiahMan Livonya Ulminati kgreene // Turisas Lupus Gold Antares WhatsHisFace boger Mortale kazgar Occasionally Fatal Cypreana // asper Aikanaro CormagMacD Ion Flux jiujitsu golgepapaz Kosmonaut Falkner Alex_Steel Suchy // J_C Horatio EG Kingston Tramboi MightyHoax Morol Churrasco Azrael the cat grzyboslav // G.O.D Quanti Elwro Sovard DwarvenFood LibertyRansom CSM Dryngar Konjad Havoc // Syril jml Gakkone markec Fezzik xenocide Fader RK47 silver crowaxe Semper // Jarpie mediocrepoet DeDawg JagreenLern Computer Gamer Refugee commie Zed Volrath thekdawg21 Rivmusique // MikeHaggar Guar Braktash Fenrir wormix titus RedScum a bear named spigot Mangoose LordVector // l3loodAngel ironyuri Freelance Henchman Cosmo Jedi Exile Adelphi malko_sundervere Claw WetWorks PrzeSzkoda // logrus barker_s SG Donaroriak Weierstraß hoverdog Ismaul Primordial Soup Nazi Irxy Frusciante // Elim Dynimix Gurkog glasnost Strider JamesBond @FretRider Brzęczyszczykiewicz
SpinyNorman Comrade Goby // Executor Hoaxmetal Race Traitor

This is the game you've been waiting for, people. The successor to Codex All Time Top 3 favourite. It doesn't get any better than this. It won't. So, gently hand over your money to the Codex.

( ps: about 10 people excluded from tallies of all fundraisers due to unidentified or anonymous backers. )

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom