Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Project Eternity Kickstarter Update #48: Documentary News and More Arcanum

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Adam Brennecke; Arcanum: of Steamworks and Magick Obscura; Chris Avellone; Obsidian Entertainment; Project Eternity

This week's Project Eternity Kickstarter update is about the Project Eternity documentary that was announced during the Kickstarter campaign back in October. The update is pretty small, so I'll just quote the entire thing:

In Update #23 Feargus announced that Obsidian would fund a documentary of the making of Project Eternity without using a dime from the Kickstarter funding. Here's a behind-the-scenes of the behind-the-scenes and some other tidbits about the documentary.​

We've been working with the documentary team, Tony Jacobsen and Michael Mitchell from Creative Lane Media, for some time. Tony and Mike are very professional guys with years of experience making films, and have experience working with the games industry. They will be with following us with their fancy cameras for the entire production of Project Eternity.​

Our documentary will be a full movie and released in its entirety when the game is complete. We are targeting a 45 minute film that covers the entire process of the making of Project Eternity from the early days of the Kickstarter, into preproduction, all the way through production to finishing it up and going gold. There will be footage from our team meetings, informal discussions, scrums, and major milestone events.​

Documentary FAQ

When can I get the Documentary? The documentary will be released when Project Eternity is finished. We will have more details when we get closer to the Project Eternity beta.​

How do I get it? If you already backed at the $20/$25 tier level (and Slacker Backers via PayPal thus far) and above you will be able to stream it. At the $35 tier level and above you will be able to download it, and at the $140 tier level (and physical tiers above) we will include a DVD / Blu-ray. You can still get access to the documentary stream if you donate to the project today via the Slacker Backer pledge at the Eternity website.​

Besides that, the update also reports on the continuation of Chris Avellone's Arcanum LP. Three new episodes in Season 0 of the LP have been uploaded. Apparently, these were recorded at the same time as the first three, so Chris is still playing like a noob in them. Here's the first of the three:

Stay tuned for next week's update, in which Obsidian will unveil Project Eternity's prototype demo.

Coboney

Scholar
Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
I just have to say MCA is a really really sad Arcanum player. I think someone needs to give him a manual or a tutorial so that he isn't embarassing himself quite so much.

On the other hand I'm sure the troika people in Obsidian are having a howl at this. I think at work this is the type of thing he'll never live down.

hiver

err.. to what exactly are we to stay tuned to?

Is this a radio station? can we turn it off now and then switch it on later? no? why? are there some commercials we might miss?
I mean... just asking.

AC Sleighter

Novice
MCA's Acranum playing is seriously tarnishing his legacy. It's like Michael Jordan coming out of retirement to play for the Wizards.

Yeah, I don't get it either. And I was hoping he will get some neat ideas from Arcanum for future Obsidian games. :( How can this even be enjoyable to him?

Monty

Arcane
Next I want to see MCA play BG and get killed by a rat at the start. Possible 5m stretch goal?

Coboney

Scholar
Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
He managed to kill a wolf or two though! After lots and lots of loading.

General Maxson said:
Better yet, Fallout. He will surely perish in that rat cave.

Well in Fallout at least he'd know the mechanics. Unlike here where he is clearly clueless.

BobtheTree

Savant
Watching people like this play video games makes me realize while modern gaming treats so many players like they're idiots...because they're idiots when it comes to play games.

Lautreamont

Augur
MCA's Acranum playing is seriously tarnishing his legacy.

Maybe. But even this sorry exhibition will not tarnish my love

d63c1216a7.gif

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
MCA's Acranum playing is seriously tarnishing his legacy. It's like Michael Jordan coming out of retirement to play for the Wizards.
Playing for the Wizards didn't tarnish Jordan's legacy. Nobody talks about it seriously, and only remember for his golden age. Just like Michael Schumacher's bad return. People remember for his true golden age. Nobody cares about MCA playing Arcanum badly. They remember his games.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I played Arcanum a long time ago, didn't you have access to the map after you kill the elf assassin and can fast travel to the nearest city? Killing those wolfs is hard at low level, after getting my ass kicked a few times , I just gave up and returned later. I guess that killing those wolfs is a question of honor for him now.:lol:

Severian Silk

I had the same problem as MCA viz the wolves and figuring out how the map travel works. The difference was that my character was a melee oriented character who could kill the wolves fairly easily.

Aracanum's UI was really rather odd.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
oh well, i just can't watch this anymore. if it becomes watchable again, please someone let me know.

EG

Nullified
I played Arcanum a long time ago, didn't you have access to the map after you kill the elf assassin and can fast travel to the nearest city? Killing those wolfs is hard at low level, after getting my ass kicked a few times , I just gave up and returned later. I guess that killing those wolfs is a question of honor for him now.:lol:

(Using the world map) You just can't travel directly to the next area. You go down a bit then across. If he had ventured into the cave, a brief fetch-quest would have made this a bit clearer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom