Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Worlds of Magic Kickstarter Launched!

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Tags: Kickstarter; wastelands interactive; Worlds of Magic

Wastelands Interactive's been busy with their very own take on the old Master of Magic formula called Worlds of Magic. Not aiming at a reimagining but a genuine spiritual successor they've certainly got our attention and recently answered some of our questions on the game in our exclusive interview. To help them make Worlds of Magic happen they've just launched their Kickstarter. With a modest goal of £30.000 it's certainly looking like it could be a success. Check it out!

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Pledged. This project looks good. But that is one shitty pitch if I ever saw one.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Thought the video itself ain't that bad? The page at least is a pretty nice one. I'm a massive MoM fan and these guys really manage to push all the right buttons. Do hope they'll make it and come through although the static screenshots of just the battle map and overabundance of concept art don't make me cheer from joy.

Reminds me, my favourite 'bad' pitch was one where half of the video was clearly shot using a low res phone and in between lunch and the next meeting. Loved that one.

doomtrader

Novice
We are polishing the map now. The mechanism itself is working, we just want it to look appealing.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Thought the video itself ain't that bad?

Guys like us will pledge no matter what. A low-quality audio/video pitch that just talks about the game won't do much to win over those on the fence :/

But yes, so many terrible "MoM-clones" have been out lately who, for one reason or another, don't want to clone the great stuff from MoM, just the basic concept. I'm glad these guys seem to be going for a game close to MoM.

Zeriel

Arcane
The one thing I have yet to see nailed in any Master of Magic "remake" is the feeling and aesthetics. There have been a lot that grasp at the mechanics in some way, but basically none that recreate the entire gestalt. Age of Wonders came the closest.

visions

Arcane
I'm an AoWfag rather than a MoMfag but this looks interesting and I think I will pledge, maybe even a physical tier.

visions

Arcane
What's so bad about the pitch? They have wip screenshots to show and a solid concept. The fact that the video is low budget and doesn't contain any dumb gimmicks or jokes?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
What's so bad about the pitch? They have wip screenshots to show and a solid concept. The fact that the video is low budget and doesn't contain any dumb gimmicks or jokes?

Yes? I care whether the pitch is able to draw in other people than the die-hard crowd. A good sales pitch is required for that, not a low-quality video discussing mechanics for 10 minutes.

Those here will pledge to it no matter what.

Mortmal

Arcane
Pitch is bad for selling , and the micro isnt set right,very low sound quality and plenty of background noises . Now its only 9£ for a diigital copy , the artwork looks really good, but they are just artworks, thats not enough to convince me yet .

doomtrader

Novice
Today we have released some of our progresses on the World Map, a subject which a lot of people have mentioned on those days. That's the thing:

WoM_pre_alpha_map_13_11_04_004.png

WoM_pre_alpha_map_13_11_04_003.png

Yep, we have to keep working on water, but this is progressing a lot! BTW, you can see all the other official updates here:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/304725524/worlds-of-magic-a-new-classic-4x-fantasy-game/posts

Well, what do you think?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
water is fugly, mountains are beautiful, grass and trees are meh

don't really care that much about any of it :)

doomtrader

Novice
This is just simple WIP, but we wanted to show you this.

And we have just posted a short gameplay video.

Mortmal

Arcane
Its already more convincing than your first video pitch,you clearly should have started with that, now theres only 18 days left. Graphically while it's not spectacular by today's standard i like it. It is good enough for a 4X and certainly prettier than elemental . I am reading complains about the water, id say dont waste too much time on the cosmetics, whats important is the AI and gameplay . Once you are immersed in a good 4X , when theres the subtle alchemy making you want to play "just another turn" at 4am, you dont see the graphics much anymore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom