Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Hell is freezing over: Ubisoft's Might & Magic X is actually a blobber

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Limbic Entertainment; Might & Magic X: Legacy; Ubisoft

Or at least that's how it looks like! From Polygon:

Ubisoft announced Might and Magic X Legacy today, the next installment in the Might and Magic first-person role-playing game series.​

Might and Magic X Legacy, in development with Limbic Entertainment, will be showcased at PAX East this weekend in Boston.​

The game picks up after the events of the previous title, 2011's Might and Magic Heroes 6. Players will send their character, one in a party of four heroes, into a world of political intrigue and warfare between competing factions. The paths players take and the actions they choose will define the fate of the in-game city of Karthal.​

Along the way players will battle fantasy creatures and enemies in a turn-based battle system, collect ancient treasures, complete quests and explore dungeons, labyrinths and towns as they unravel the story.​

Earlier this week Ubisoft teased the reveal with a website bearing the roman numeral X and numerous visual elements from the Might and Magic series.​

Check out the reveal trailer above for a first look at Might and Magic X Legacy.​

Wow. What further wonders will 2013 bring us? Ubisoft - I think this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship. (nah, not really)

Update: Limbic Entertainment's website has what appear to be two screenshots from the game.

1_01m.png
1_02m.png

Update 2: Ubisoft have set up a proper official site for the game, with lots of details and additional screenshots.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
It so much doesn't know how to cope that both Infinitron and CB made newsposts about it at the same time.

I refuse to get excited about this until more details surface. MM9 was also a Might and Magic true blobber and look how that turned out.

And as commie outlined in the other thread, it may be a turn-based blobber, but that alone doesn't ensure it is M&M.

I will stick to my scepticism for now while furiously fapping when no one is looking.

Duraframe300

Arcane
It's also made by limbic entertainment. You know Hereos VI and shovelware?

So what exactly are we getting excited about?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Also image at the end ONLY shows PC (there is no XBox or PS3 etc....). Not that it will not be written for consoles, like Diablo III. But still.

Also it *seems* turn based, but they do not specifically say that. I AM SO CONFUSE.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Through a turn-based gameplay system, defeat creatures and bosses to accomplish unique quests and make your way through dangerous dungeons, cities and labyrinths full of traps.
TB confirmed. :thumbsup:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Source?

http://www.limbic-entertainment.de/en/newsen/latest/343-might-a-magic-x-legacy-announced

EDIT:

In the wake of the spectacular events in Might & Magic® Heroes® VI, you will play in a party of four adventurers entangled in intrigue and political machinations unfolding in and around Karthal. The city, on the verge of secession, is prey to competing factions vying for its control. Your actions will determine the fate of the city. Might & Magic X Legacy is an authentic solo experience in the classic first-person RPG genre. Create and lead your group into an exciting world and battle powerful mythical creatures while collecting ancient magical treasures. Through a turn-based gameplay system, defeat creatures and bosses to accomplish unique quests and make your way through dangerous dungeons, cities and labyrinths full of traps. Dive into vintage Might & Magic and play old school, new rules!​

OK still..... cautiously fapping...

Robert Jarzebina

What's next? Bethesda making Fallout 4 more oldschool than Wasteland 2?
:hero:

Robert Jarzebina

Not much to go on, but on those shots alone the art style doesn't appeal to me one bit.

I think they were inspired by older M&M games art style.
xeen-00013-287078.png

In my opinion it is major :incline: since later M&M were looking....
mm9_01mwbc7.jpg

catfood

AGAIN
Meh, I'm not too excited. Even if the game turns out to be half way good (which I highly doubt), it's still going to have Ubishit DRM which is a no-go for me.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
it's still going to have Ubishit DRM which is a no-go for me.

They no longer do the ALWAYS ONLINE shit. BUT I believe they have that fucking retarded UBIPlay thing that you HAVE to install (didn't Assassins Creed III use that)?

Stabwound

Arcane
They're trying to appeal to fans of the older games, both Ubisoft and the devs judging by what they wrote and the trailer itself, so that's good to me.

I'd prefer a Grimoire look rather than a Grimrock one, but hey.

As long as its turned based, open world and not retarded I'll be happy. I was expecting an abomination and this looks like it might possibly not be one.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Meh, I'm not too excited. Even if the game turns out to be half way good (which I highly doubt), it's still going to have Ubishit DRM which is a no-go for me.
The game might still be shit, but that's not the point: a AAAAAA company, Ubisoft of all things, producing an OLDSCHOOL, TURN-BASED BLOBBER. If that's not a weird (in a good way) change of the gaming industry paradigm, I don't know what is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom