Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Might & Magic X Teased by Ubisoft, To Be Revealed at PAX East

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Might & Magic X: Legacy; Ubisoft

Ubisoft has put up a teaser web page for what seems to be an upcoming Might & Magic X announcement. Check it out for yourself.

It looks like whatever it really is will be revealed at PAX East, which will take place in Boston on March 22-24, 2013. Which is very soon. Dunno about you, but I must admit I'm both intrigued and terrified.

Thanks Rahdulan for bringing this to our attention.

UPDATE: Ubisoft are also doing a mini-retrospective of the Might & Magic series (M&M 1, M&M 2) on their Facebook page. Can't be a coincidence.

Bony

Learned
Queued
ruh-roh

We all know where Wizardry went

wizardry_1300972481.jpg

Diablo169

Arcane
I don't see there being a happy medium here, this is either going to be amazing or utterly shit. I'd consider Ubisoft to be one of the least shit mainstream devs, but who knows where this is going. Maybe they've seen all the recent kickstarters and realised there's a niche audience to be tapped?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
In before Yet another shitty action game with little or no cRPG elements #48765394865394863

Hobz

Savant
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I want a (legit) new M&M so bad. Please Ubi don't rape one of my favorite franchise. :oops:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is there actually a chance that Obsidian are working on this?

Let's have a look at this paragraph again.

It almost feels like a fairy tale ending: after years of rushed projects, sudden cancellations, and brutal layoffs, Obsidian is suddenly in control of its own destiny. They've got two promising games on the way, and even just a few months ago, major publishers were knocking on their door: Urquhart told me he's been talking to Bethesda, Ubisoft, Warner Bros., and LucasArts.

YES!

norolim

Arcane
Yeah. If anyone is expecting anything other than another popamole action adventure...stop. You're hurting yourself.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It looks like whatever it really is will be revealed at PAX East, which will take place in Boston on March 22-24, 2013. Which is very soon. Dunno about you, but I must admit I'm both intrigued and terrified.

Thanks Rahdulan for bringing this to our attention.

I've got some friends going to PAX East this Friday and they're staying all weekend so I'll ask them if they can make this conference/ booth/ whatever and give me some details.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fuck no, please god no...This is not going to end well, I can feel it.

I may be an Obsidian fanboi, but I don't think they should be working on a blob crawler of the M&M variety. And if it's not going to be anything like the other M&M's(like say making it a 3rd person ARPG or isometric RTWP game) then I will have to say that they are collaborators in the decline and will garner my eternal ire.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Hey, guys, you're looking at this in the wrong way! This is obviously Ubisoft's attempt to capitalize on the Kickstarter craze and demand for oldskool RPGs! This game will be a complex, open-world dungeoncrawler with deep character customization, lavish inventory and GUI art and great spells. A true Might & Magic sequel! I can hardly wait! :yeah:

This shit is going to fucking suck :(

Diablo169

Arcane
I'd consider Ubisoft to be one of the least shit mainstream devs,
:what:

In before "It's an mmo!"

They make playable games and when people give them shit about always online DRM they tend to remove it. Don't get me wrong their still shit, but i'll take them over EA and Activision Blizzard any day.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom