Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Stardock hires Civ 4 designer

MetalCraze

Arcane
Nothing will save Stardock. And it isn't that they want to produce dumbed down games for retards like Firaxis. It's that Stardock is chock full of talentless hacks that can't even clone originals right.

Marsal

Arcane

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Nah, nothing can save Stardock games. Not even THAT.

I was about to say this might be the only thing that could save Stardock :P

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-05-16-soren-johnson-why-ive-left-ea-for-zynga

Someone may be looking for a job soon...

1. Hire Soren.
2. Snatch MoO licence.
3. Remake MoO2 with fancy graphics and minor changes to its mechanics.
4. Call it MoO 4.
5. Profit!
6. Let Soren design next MoO.
7. Profit!
8. Repeat 6. and 7. until Soren has had enough, then let him make whatever game he wants.
Called it! :rogueyd:

u dreamin' son

Gord

Arcane
Interesting.
I think GalCiv2 (at least with ToA) wasn't lacking so many things to become a decent successor to MoO2 (yeah, I know I'm relatively alone with this opinion here, but otoh, I think that many have never tried ToA), so who knows, it might be just what was missing.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
GalCiv2 had potential somewhere. Problem was, every time I played it, it bored me greatly. I haven't played any other Stardock games.

Only part I liked was pimping out my spaceships.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
That chick was hot, can't blame the guy. OT, I think GC2 was at the same time fun and boring, particularly when micromanaging lots of space stations. Combat was the most disappointing, IMO, too deterministic. It still got several things right, like race creation, ship design the Tech Trees in the second expansion. Not very fond of Terror Stars, though. I bought Fallen Enchentress but have yet to try it due to rumours it's a mess of a game.

I hope Soren brings the CIV 4 magic to Stardock.

Mortmal

Arcane
We may get an improved fall from heaven now, civ 4 engine instead of elemental one and all the options offered by fall from heaven but more, with custom art . Frogboy hinted at two new games they were working on that could interest us , so that might be that.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Hopefully it goes better than their run with Jon Shafer.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
What they need to do is stop repackaging their fucking games: Elemental turned into FE and now FE is Legendary Heroes. Was thinking about FE but I have zero incentive to buy it since LH is standalone and includes FE. Yeah yeah, there's a 50% loyalty discount but I doubt it will stack with other sales so I'll just wait until LH itself is 50% (or more) off. Not to mention the amount of additional 'content' they are charging $20 for is questionable at best -- most being fixes/polishing of existing mechanics.

MetalCraze

Arcane
We may get an improved fall from heaven now, civ 4 engine instead of elemental one and all the options offered by fall from heaven but more, with custom art . Frogboy hinted at two new games they were working on that could interest us , so that might be that.
Guess what Civ4 engine is bro

Now this is what I call incline. Crossing my fingers here, this has huge potential. I mean the turn based strategy genre isn't that heavy on the production values, and when it comes to design one man with a good plan can make or break a game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom