Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Witcher 3: Q&A Podcast + Screenshots

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: CD Projekt; The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

The most recent feature in Game Informer's The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt series is a "Special Edition Podcast". It's a half-hour Q&A session with two of Game Informer's staff who visited CD Projekt RED HQ in Poland.

Takeaways from the podcast:
  • Despite being an open world title, the game will retain some of Witcher 2's more "directed" cinematic presentation style.
  • The Game Informer guys have the impression that the secondary characters from previous games (such as Triss, Dandelion, and Zoltan) will be of lesser importance in Witcher 3.
  • There will probably be some repeatable quests, but they won't be as large a part of the game as they are in Skyrim.
  • There will be a combat "Focus Mode", which will either be similar to VATS or be based on special abilities (they haven't decided yet).
  • The inventory system will be improved over what was in Witcher 2.
Besides that, CDPR have also released a collection of Witcher 3 screenshots to various press sites. Many of you have probably seen these already, but it's nice to have them all one in place.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Listened to podcast, updated OP. RPGCodex, listening to boring shit so you don't have to. :obviously:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
VATS? Oh gawd this is just getting worse and worse. :lol:

Not exactly like VATS (there won't be hit percentages, and it'll probably slow down combat, not pause it)

Anyway they might end up not doing that

made

Arcane
witch6.jpg

<3

The Witcher, to me, has always meant riding around on a horse, killing things.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
I actually liked Witcher 2, though it did have its flaws. I'm a bit skeptical on this one right now though, it seems like they're trying too hard to copy Skyrim.

Gotta love how Geralt doesn't have his feet in the stirrup there.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
A Witcher game in an open world like Skyrim, with a bit more linearity would be heaven. I don't what's your problem.

Black

Arcane
Jesus fuck, this entire podcast is retarded and everything the devs have said compromised by the fact that consoleinformer know only skyrim and apparently get paid for dropping bethesda games all over the place.
I have no idea if CDPR said that OH IT'S LIKE SKYRIM BUT or is it just this dumbfuck's failure at explaining anything without going back his beloved goty, skyrim, vats and other stupid shit.

Misconnected

Savant
Jesus fuck, this entire podcast is retarded and everything the devs have said compromised by the fact that consoleinformer know only skyrim and apparently get paid for dropping bethesda games all over the place.
I have no idea if CDPR said that OH IT'S LIKE SKYRIM BUT or is it just this dumbfuck's failure at explaining anything without going back his beloved goty, skyrim, vats and other stupid shit.

Can't be arsed to listen to a podcast, but still...

On the one hand your description makes the P(R)od Person sound fucking stupid.
On the other hand, though, I'm a little bit glee-filled to overflowing that a P(R)od Person hypes the wrong game in its ad.

It kind of sounds like an even more retarded Doritos Gate :D

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I listened through the entire podcast, and can't say there was anything worth raging about. Codex gonna Codex. :rpgcodex:

Yeah :roll: In the podcast there was this stupid question from clueless Bethfag, asked in Russian, so they couldn't make out what it was about - they managed to read something about VATS. The game informer editor replies that he hasn't seen anything like it, but the closest thing to it he witnessed was the focus system which is going to be tied to lore of monsters that you acquired:

To clarify a little bit on the focus mode that's where you use your witcher senses[...] If you are fighting something that you have knowledge of, like vampires and you know that they have a venom gland, so then you can use this mode to hit the venom gland and take out its capability to poison you. [...]

In other words it's not VATS but a different aiming system tied to character's skills and knowledge of the world. Since when adding extra feature into character progression is a bad thing? Are aiming systems popamole now? :rpgcodex:

Tytus

Arcane
I listened through the entire podcast, and can't say there was anything worth raging about. Codex gonna Codex. :rpgocodex:

Yeah :roll: In the podcast there was this stupid question from clueless Bethfag, asked in Russian, so they couldn't make out what it was about - they managed to read something about VATS. The game informer editor replies that he hasn't seen anything like it, but the closest thing to it he witnessed was the focus system which is going to be tied to lore of monsters that you acquired:

To clarify a little bit on the focus mode that's where you use your witcher senses[...] If you are fighting something that you have knowledge of, like vampires and you know that they have a venom gland, so then you can use this mode to hit the venom gland and take out its capability to poison you. [...]

In other words it's not VATS but a different aiming system tied to character's skills and knowledge of the world. Since when adding extra feature into character progression is a bad thing? Are aiming systems popamole now? :rpgcodex:

Only way to evade being a popamole is shipping each game with set of dice - the gamer does his own rolls duirng gameplay - this way you have real comabt immersion.

Misconnected

Savant
Only way to evade being a popamole is shipping each game with set of dice - the gamer does his own rolls duirng gameplay - this way you have real comabt immersion.

Semi-seriously: play Armageddon Empires. The only RP in it is whatever LARP you bring, and the dice gets rolled on screen.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
they should just get rid of the witcher name and geralt and do a new franchise with the same idea. even that guy who wrote the witcher books thinks the games sucks his balls.
even VATS would be an improvement over QTE/bullshit twitch rock paper scissor combat.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
staph it guise
TW3 will be a quality popamole, we all know that :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom