Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Golden Baby Flaps Its Wings: Grimoire Demo Released!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Cleveland Mark Blakemore; Golden Era Games; Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar

9112.png

A week after the end of its IndieGogo campaign and 15 years since the last known public release, our bunker dwelling buddy Cleveland Mark Blakemore has surprised the world and actually released a demo of his magnum opus, Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar. Only two months later than he originally promised at the beginning of the campaign!

To mark this momentous occasion, Cleve has launched a new IndieGogo campaign for the game, in order to collect the donations of all you repentant doubters, I assume. Additionally, a larger "superdemo" for campaign backers, that will double as a public beta test, is supposed to be released at some point.

I haven't tried it yet, but the demo appears to be working, more or less. Feel free to check it out and tell Cleve exactly what you think. After you're done, you can start placing bets on when the full game will be released...

UPDATES:
18/2 22:50 GMT Grimoire Public Demo v1.0 released
18/2 23:09 GMT Bugfix update
19/2 4:16 GMT Grimoire Public Demo v1.1 released
20/2 7:17 GMT Grimoire Public Demo v1.2 released
3/4 8:12 GMT Grimoire Public Demo v1.31 released

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Thing is hilariously buggy though. I don't know what kind of bug squashing Cleve's been doing, but so far CTD-reset is like another game mechanic.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Apparently I need to find some sort of an owl clock.

Also I encountered a weed and had the same problem I had in Grimrock: Figuring out wtf I'm supposed to do to actually attack.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
I wonder if it would be possible to get it to work on Wine. Because the installer doesn't work on it.

suejak

Arbiter
Patron
Village Idiot
Original Grimoire forum thread has also been edited to accurately reflect the current state of affairs:
"Grimoire - Demo Availabe"

A little buggy, but wth.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
This version is glitchy because of a problem introduced yesterday at the nth hour. Please don't download it, I will be posting a better version shortly.
Let us know when the new one is up. Unless it's not a very serious problem? :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom