Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Paradox reveals next Victoria II expansion after a week of teasers

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Tags: Expansion; Heart of Darkness; Paradox Interactive; Victoria II

Unbeknown to most, Paradox Interactive had been running a teaser campaign for new Victoria II content. It certainly does not look like the best idea to run two similar and concurrent teaser campaigns for current and past flagship products. Our dedicated staff here on TC completely missed out on it as a result! Enough about us though...

wleDzjg.jpg

Victoria II: Heart of Darkness focuses on the Scramble for Africa as you compete with other colonial powers and experience international crises which require Great Power mediation if the world is to avoid war.

• Experience a brand new colonization system: Use your navy to expand your empire, compete against other colonial powers and struggle to maintain your overseas control. Colonial conflicts can spiral out of control and become international crises where they will have to be decided by diplomatic negotiations or risk costly wars.
  • Battle your enemies in the new naval combat system: Together with the new colonization system, your navies are more important than ever. We have revamped the entire naval combat system and made it much more detailed and exciting with a new system of gun ranges and maneuvering into positions for battles. New powerful battleships join the other classes of ships to bridge the gap to Dreadnoughts.
  • Prepare for International Crises: Around the world international crises continually call on the Great Powers to mediate and compromise, with war always being the last resort. As one of the lesser powers, use your influence to stir up the local flash points so you can use fleet footed diplomacy to get the Great Powers to right the wrongs that have been committed against your nation!
  • Follow the global events with the new newspaper system: You will receive reports on local and global events as well as the world's changing situation to keep up to date and get a greater sense of immersion. Over 60 newspapers, both historic and otherwise, periodically present you with the latest news reports of war, major events, royal gossip and other matters of interest.

The collection of teaser images can be found on the Victoria II Facebook page under the album Secret Document. I've also uploaded them here.

oscar

Arcane
I hope they do something to correct the tedious Spheres of Influence.

Eyeball

Arcane
TBS beat me to it. I can't wait to play this expansion, I bet they add loads more ways to get game-overed by Great Britain if you play anything but a major power.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I'll wager that 99% of the time the secondary power cannot actually do anything really useful by stirring up a crisis. Or alternatively Germany will be an even bigger punching bag.

EDIT: The best thing I can hope for is that they'll add the code for affecting things like Attack, Defence and Military Tactics through triggered and event modifiers. It'd be an important power-checker against GPs going rampant.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom