Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Total War: Shogun 2 Gold Edition coming March

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera

oscar

Arcane
I still get a weird graphical issue of my individual soldiers transforming into light blue squares. Only seen a few other people have the same problem. Looks sort of like this:

attachment.php

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
About fucking time. Glad I didn't buy this game yet.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I wonder what the price will be. If it's going to be too high... then no problem, I'll wait until Steam Summer Sale :smug:

oscar

Arcane
It's definite incline over Rome and Empire. Had the greatest TW experience of my life with the TROM3 mod that slowed down movement and attack speed playing as the Otomo (who in this mod started out Catholic and with the only nanban port, and thus access to muskets, in Japan). Was glorious spreading the word of God northwards at my ashigaru's musket and pike point against the vast coalition that eventually formed against me. Awesome meat-grinder battles some of which I even lost (you know a TW mod is good when you're actually able to lose battles without a cheating/buffed AI).

Only thing that came close in entertainment value was the huge battles (even with less-than-stellar Medieval II AI holding against three full doomstacks of elite Chaos units with my shitty Kislev army) and sprawling custom maps (I was shocked the engine even allowed stuff that big and complex) of Call of Warhammer. Though they may have had the minor advantage of salvaged Mark of Chaos assets..

Deleted member 7219

Fall of the Samurai is the most amount of fun I've had in a TW game. Rifle volleys have to be seen to be believed. Sieges are tense (same in Shogun 2). Using your navy to rain down artillery fire in a land battle is very satisfying.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
I fucking loathe it when publishers release Gold or GOTY editions that still don't have all the DLC included. It defeats the purpose and only pisses of people who buy them expecting them to be the full deal.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
As with all TW releases (besides Empire and Napoleon which are both pretty complete shit unless heavily modded), the battles are a blast but the campaign section is a real drag. It's not even close to being as fluid as a solid Paradox title like HoI or EU, and really needs another revamp to avoid being half shit. I usually finish a HoI campaign, the same cannot be said of a TW game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom