Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence January Update

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Age of Decadence; Iron Tower Studios; Vault Dweller

This first Age of Decadence monthly update for the new year is up. This one might inspire some Codex rage. It turns out Vault Dweller tried to submit the game to this year's Independent Games Festival and, well, just read the update:

Welcome to 2013, boys and girls. Should be an exciting year.​

As I'm sure you know, Steam has kindly greenlighted us and we're in the process of signing paperwork and such. They seem to be a bunch of friendly and helpful people, which is always nice. The "greenlighening" has attracted a lot of attention and increased the number of pre-orders, so we already feel the effect.​

In unrelated news, we entered the demo into IGF 2013 in Oct. I've never thought that we would win, obviously, but hoped for a nomination. Didn't happen, sadly. The judge couldn't get out of the town and felt that the demo was "seriously limited". I explained but I guess the damage was already done. Oh well...​

Working on a location aptly named Inferiae - (Rom. Antiq.) Sacrifices offered to the souls of deceased heroes or friends. Greatly expanded the main character's dialogue file, almost to the point of getting lost in the branches myself. You have a lengthy chat with this character and if she doesn't like your answers, you'll be offered as the aforementioned sacrifice.​

Added another path there. Kinda tried another angle to see if it works and it worked. Added two more options if you do end up becoming a sacrifice and tied one of the options to another location, which fixed one of the issues in that location as well. So, all and all, I'm very pleased with this month's progress.​

*sigh* Indies gonna indie.

In addition to the above, the update also contains the usual collection of new screenshots. This particular set shows the beginnings of a convoluted House Aurelian sidequest.

Silellak

Cipher
The judge couldn't get out of the town and felt that the demo was "seriously limited".

JonStewartNotImpressed.JPG

FeelTheRads

Arcane
2013studentfinal.jpg

First image to pop up on that indie festival site. All you need to know about that and indie games in general.

Lancehead

Liturgist
The judge couldn't get out of the town and felt that the demo was "seriously limited"
Well, seems like the judge has a FUNDAMENTALLY FLAWED NO UNDERSTANDING of map travel.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Mainstream indies are just like AAA games minus cost production. Shit like Braid, Limbo, Super Meat Boy are the same shit as AAA(in fact, more shitty). Where is mondblut to bash indie turds?

The meat of good indie games are in the modding community( Wing commander, Half-life) and stuff like AOD. Flawed games yes, but a much better effort at quality than AAA games(indie or mainstream).

piydek

Cipher
Mainstream indies are just like AAA games minus cost production. Shit like Braid, Limbo, Super Meat Boy are the same shit as AAA(in fact, more shitty). Where is mondblut to bash indie turds?

The meat of good indie games are in the modding community( Wing commander, Half-life) and stuff like AOD. Flawed games yes, but a much better effort at quality than AAA games(indie or mainstream).

You are an idiot.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
If you fap to indie games while shitting on AAA games you are a hypocrite. They both share the same design philosophies. In fact, indies take a step further in taking the gameplay out. What was the last indie darling of the media? To the moon, Dear Esther :lol: . I was hoping to enjoy Hotline Miami, but i discovered that the game is a buggy mess. PCtards like to bash console ports because of unoptimization, but forget the indie darlings that are way worse in this department. Most indies don't even let you configure controls, graphic settings, don't have modding, etc...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom