Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News CD Projekt release Cyberpunk 2077 teaser trailer

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: CD Projekt; Cyberpunk 2077

CD Projekt RED have released a teaser trailer for their upcoming cyberpunk RPG. It has cool visuals and kinda annoying music. Here's the video and a description:

The teaser shows how the Psycho Squad might acquire a new member.​

The Psycho Squad specializes in combating "psychos" -- individuals who overuse implants and substances that boost or otherwise alter the human body.​

There comes a point when they overdose on these innovations, and their bodies start to rebel against their biological body parts as well as all things organic around them. Simply put, they start killing people, who they now derisively call "meatbags."​

When a psycho goes on the rampage, strange things can happen. There's carnage, and the psycho might be taken down by regular police, but they're not always able to get the job done.​

When things spin out of control, they call in MAX-TAC (Maximum Force Tactical Division), popularly called the Psycho Squad.​
I wonder if the "new member" is meant to be the protagonist? According to the message at the end of the video, we can expect more information on February 5th.

Update: Check out the subliminal message at 2:14! Interesting way to recruit talent, CDP. Apparently the game's release date is way off in 2015.

Not only that, but on February 5th, another CD Projekt title which is "much closer to being completed" will be announced. It will apparently be a "fully open-world game". Open-world Witcher 3? Oh my.

Spotted by Hellraiser and Excidium

Hellraiser

Arcane
Kinda annoying music? It's trite like out of a generic movie trailer, hell it would fit more in a fucking James Bond movie than anything Cyberpunk. As much of a mood killer as the rock/pop songs used in Stargate: Universe (which mimicked Smallville by using those).

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Why the fuck are they hyping us for something coming out in 2015? : x
1341469-PXQZZ2H.png

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Kinda annoying music? It's trite like out of a generic movie trailer, hell it would fit more in fucking James Bond movie than anything Cyberpunk. As much of a mood killer as the rock/pop songs used in Stargate: Universe (which mimicked Smallville by using those).
Well, the track is called "Bullets" so it's somehow relevant.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Coming up next: Bethesda's "RPG:THE GAME"

Release date: WHEN IT IS READY SO EDGY I JIZZED MY PANTS.

SLOOOOW MOOOOTIOOOOON BULLLET TIME JIZZZZ ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Coming up next: Bethesda's "RPG:THE GAME"

Release date: WHEN IT IS READY SO EDGY I JIZZED MY PANTS.

SLOOOOW MOOOOTIOOOOON BULLLET TIME JIZZZZ ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!
Somebody throw some kodex kool kredits to this kid already

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
nice trailer.

says nothing about the game, though.

That's because it's not a trailer to the game. It's a trailer to the trailer. :M

Well, the track is called "Bullets" so it's somehow relevant.

I would prefer something instrumental and electronic (at least partially) to give it that cyberpunk feel. I mean honestly, how can you fuck up a music choice for a Cyberpunk trailer?
By being a potato-eating moran of course, they should have used some synthwave, it's all the shit right now and screams cyberpunk to me

Seerix

Arbiter
I hate the attempts at "art" in this, completely conflicts with how badass it's all supposed to look. Also magic bulletproof skin looks really stupid even if there are already probable theories at making such materials and if that's the case, what kind of proper military/police unit uses shitty ammo against it? /nitpick

Singing in the music is horrible, instrumental track alone would be fine, though seems like a little too similar to DX:HR music.

Is that badass dude at the end our protagonist? So they did went with "cyberpunk Geralt"...

Also, nice that they decided to "update" the setting to 2077, that 2020 crap was getting so stale. :sarcasm:

Bony

Learned
Queued
This looks like shit, music is shit and artstyle looks like been ripped off from the newest dredd movie.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Wouldn't get my hopes up over CDProjekt's definition of 'open world.' At best it'll probably be as 'open' as Amalur. That said, despite the fact I think their games are grossly overrated and arguably don't fall under the ARPG umbrella (about as ARPG'ish as Borderlands) they're usually good enough entertainment for sub $10 purchases.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tentative prediction: The "much closer to being completed" game will turn out to be not the real Witcher 3, but some kind of low budget spinoff.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The Adventures of Triss?!?! But, seriously, I'm really curious to see what they consider open world -- I'm sure I'll be completely underwhelmed.

Seerix

Arbiter
Also magic bulletproof skin looks really stupid even if there are already probable theories at making such materials and if that's the case, what kind of proper military/police unit uses shitty ammo against it?

That magic bulletproof skin is an implant straight from the fucking Cyberpunk 2020 rulebook you philistine!

My deepest apologies, I don't know much about C2020 beside general info but it still looks stupid on the trailer, man.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Heh, Codex got all edgy again. To be honest I liked the trailer, both the music and the general vibe it carries :oops:

But I am a : x so there's that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom