Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info When Evil Lurks, News on Chaos Chronicles

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Chaos Chronicles; Coreplay

Apart from the news that Chaos Chronicles, CorePlay's upcoming isometric, turn-based, Temple of Elemental Evil- and Knights of the Chalice-inspired (except with better graffix) cRPG in the making got Steam approved, the developers released a video showcasing their game (it's still work-in-progress though).

I'm not saying this will be the best cRPG in ages or anything but what I'm trying to say is... it might be the best cRPG since Dragon Age.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Shit looks rad. :yeah:

It's definitely shaping up to be an awesome game.

~RAGING BONER~

Learned
this game looks fucking gorgeous...i hope there is an option to turn off turn based for the trash battles though.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Still looks great.
And actually I'm hoping it will be much better than Dragon Age, which I didn't like.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Mhmhm, it does look good but I'll still wait until I heard the Codex. Unlike KOTC this looks like it could be anything, from the next best thing since KOTC to a borefest in the vein of Pool of Radiance 2. If you look at the engine and the way the combat is laid it just reminds a lot of boring games.

It'll be up to the encounter design, enemy design, class and skill system and pacing to see how good the game is. These are critical to a game like this being good. Let's all hope for the best! Nobody would welcome a good tactical RPG more than us.

Mhmhm, it does look good but I'll still wait until I heard the Codex. Unlike KOTC this looks like it could be anything, from the next best thing since KOTC to a borefest in the vein of Pool of Radiance 2. If you look at the engine and the way the combat is laid it just reminds a lot of boring games.

It'll be up to the encounter design, enemy design, class and skill system and pacing to see how good the game is. These are critical to a game like this being good. Let's all hope for the best! Nobody would welcome a good tactical RPG more than us.

A lot of truth has been said here. And as I said more info about "deeper" game mechanics would be welcome. But hopefully we'll soon find out more.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
QmXUf.gif

Wizfall

Cipher
Day 1 purchase for me too.
As i see it this game can't be worse that ToEE (unless they fuck up the camera).
And, in the end, ToEE was quite entertaining despite all its faults.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY

Okay, so Jaesun (EDIT: sorry Jasede :M ) is completely and utterly right. The point about PoR:RoMD is applicable. But fuck that man, I'm hyped as hell.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
are there any samples of dialogue or world interaction (traps, locks, search, hide, tame, survive, cook, craft -- I have no idea what's in the game) or is it all just combat?

Livonya

Augur
Patron

I preferred Pool of Radiance 2 over Dragon Age, for example. I bought both. Played Pool of Radiance 2 all the way to the end. I stopped playing Dragon Age after a day or two.

"bore-fest" seems pretty subjective, but I am biased towards turn based games.

Anyway, I just wanted to stick up for Pool of Radiance 2... it was deeply flawed but no more than the dozens of shitty action games that have come out since that were marketed as cRPGs.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'll take PoR 2 over trying out Dragon Age any day, just because action isn't really my thing.
But PoR 2 is definitely slow and empty, all exaggeration aside. The game could have been paced a lot better. Not to mention you can't pick your own feats, ruining the essential character building that keeps many of us RPG fans going.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom