Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Underrail Available for Preorder at Gamersgate and Desura

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Stygian Software; Underrail

Stygian Software have made their turn-based isometric post-apocalyptic RPG Underrail, of which we did a very positive preview some time ago, available for pre-order at Gamersgate and at Desura. Preordering also gives you access to the latest alpha build of the game, with more content compared to the demo that was available earlier.

If you want to know what's new in this release (since the demo) you can go check out the dev log posts from the last couple of months, but let me just quickly recap the highlights:

• Huge new urban zone consisting of 8 areas
• Big new 'dungeon' consisting of 6 areas (twice as much as the last one)
• A couple of 'mini-dungeons'
• New quests
• New feats
• Traps skill
• Some updated game mechanics
• Re-balanced economy
• Food
• More weapons and armors
• Updated crossbows (feats, special bolts, damage boost)
• Various other smaller stuff​

It's definitely shaping up to be a great and unique indie RPG, so do not hesitate to give it a try (and you can still download the earlier demo for free if you're hesitant about preordering). I also remind you that Underrail is on Steam Greenlight, seeking your support.

Overboard

Arcane
I am definitely getting this, but it would be nice to have it on a distribution method that doesn't require a client (online login for GG).

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Demo was great, but a bit unbalanced. For example, you could get a sniper rifle very early and just kill everyone without any trouble. I am playing through alpha now and it seems that he tweaked the balance. Crossbows are more useful (they were great before though) and I just can't find the rifle. Damn.

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Demo was great, but a bit unbalanced. For example, you could get a sniper rifle very early and just kill everyone without any trouble. I am playing through alpha now and it seems that he tweaked the balance. Crossbows are more useful (they were great before though) and I just can't find the rifle. Damn.

I moved the snipers a bit further down the road.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Untitled-1.jpg

:what:

Fucking hell, Styg. Forced to use their shitty client. Grumblegrumble.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh, hey, thanks for commenting 7 hours later. Because surely I'm still sitting around without it downloaded right?

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Gaaah they have Dear Esther under role playing you should warn people about stuff like that!!
emot-psypop.gif

belated

Augur
Got mine monday but probably won't have time to play it until after christmas, damnit.

Tigranes

Arcane
Will check out the demo then decide, everything sounds and looks good though.

Voted for Greenlight.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom