Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Leaked video from Warhorse presentation

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Tags: Kingdom Come: Deliverance; Warhorse Studios

Watch this "leaked" video from a presentation at Game Developers Session 2012, showing graphical assets (but not an actual game scene) from Warhorse Studios' untitled open-world RPG:

Looking good.

kaizoku

Arcane
Is there any info if their game will be RT, RTwP or TB?

Or on party size?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Or on party size?

It's intended as a Skyrim killer. Open world real-time action game for PC and next-gen consoles. No magic elements, which is kinda surprising and might hurt them saleswise.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014

Or on party size?
There's like no information at all, other than it's gonna be a sandbox sort of game... Kind of like a "medieval GTA", I think. Or a Skyrim knock-off :D

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014

Or on party size?
There's like no information at all, other than it's gonna be a sandbox sort of game... Kind of like a "medieval GTA", I think. Or a Skyrim knock-off :D

AND, that it has no publisher or any foreseable release date. As far as public knows, it is just a technological demo of a game waiting for being made if the money is coming.

Might just add that it is a beautiful demo, both graphic and concept-wise. But whether it is released or not is a song of the future.

Good thing is, that beardy-guy Vavra and co. shared it with the gaming world a couple of months ago mentioning that people who watched it were very excited.

Still 2014/2015 should be expected as a release date (my estimate). IF things go smoothly. But I am optimistic. That's the title I am waiting the most for in the future (and conversely, I will be severely depressed if they go cancel-mode).

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
Looks generic and boring, almost like a proper sequel to Oblivion. No thanks.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Hai guyz, gameplay will be terrible! I know this from looking at a video of environments... also I am psychic.*

*Not saying this will be good but some of you are hilariously predictable when it comes to scrounging those Kodex Kreds.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
ITT we learn that you can make some nice looking trees and carts in CryEngine 3.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
ITT we learn that you can make some nice looking trees and carts in CryEngine 3.
But the CryEngine can do a lot lot more, and isn't just a pretty graphics engine.

Only in the CryEngine could you speed your car, hit the brakes, hit a piece of wood, have the piece of wood fly through the air, hit someone on the head, and kill him.

Only in the CryEngine can you throw a grenade under a truck, have the truck invert upside down into the air above you as it explodes, throw the passengers off the truck and fall towards you, and get yourself killed because one the passengers fell on you.

Only in the CryEngine can you chop down a bunch of trees, have the trees fall down, and kill someone due to the timber falling on their heads.

The CryEngine is perfect for RPGs. A character with high Strength can use corpses of enemies as missile weapons and throw them down enemies running up from stairs, thus causing all of them to fall down and die. Think of the potential, goddammit, think of the potential.

Moribund

A droglike
Worship CryEngine at the church of your choice.

Hopefully people have gotten over the slack jawed ogling of PhysX calculations by now.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Looks like Mount&Blade and Arma had a baby. Really looking forward to that!!

it will be picked up by a publisher and ruined, like Bioshock, DCotE

Baron

Arcane
zizka.jpg

So... the above pic... with the above engine? Well, allow me to go against public opinion and offer to play it.

hiver

Anyone knows approximately of course, how much money you need for the license of crytek engine?
Just curious is it below a mile or over. Yes i know you have to pay extra for each computer that uses it.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I admit the absence of magic makes it sound appealing but... again... I'll wait to see some actual gameplay before I praise/condemn it.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
But the CryEngine can do a lot lot more, and isn't just a pretty graphics engine.

:lol:

A lot lot more = you can get killed when something heavy falls on you. Truly no other engine can do that.
In most games, when an object flies through the air, it just phases past enemies.

And even if it does hit the enemy, few have such attention to detail, that one enemy's body flying through the air and hitting another enemy's arm will cause the weapon being wielded by him to fall off. That person will have to get up and pick his weapon.

Body hits him in the leg and he slips off the cliff. Body hits him in the head, and he might die.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom