Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News Ultima 6 Project v1.1 Public Beta Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Dungeon Siege; Ultima 6 Project; Ultima VI: The False Prophet

The Ultima Codex reports that the public beta for the long-awaited final version of the Ultima 6 Project, the remake of Ultima VI: The False Prophet in the Dungeon Siege engine, is now available. Here's the official press release:

It is with much pleasure that we announce the release of the 1.1 Public Beta Release of Team Archon’s Ultima 6 Project, for Dungeon Siege 1 (PC and Mac). Some things to look forward to in this release:
  • Both English and French versions
  • Brand-new Moongate subsystem that now scales – things don’t break later in the game any more
  • Generally better performance – major optimization of various components and special effects
  • Huge enhancements to the dungeon map system – new “helper” pins and better maps to make our immense dungeons easier to navigate – or optionally, just as hard as before if you disable the helper pins
  • Many quest improvements
  • Many dozens of bug-fixes
  • Far more accurate world map coordinates
  • It should be noted that anyone using a previous version will have to uninstall it prior to installing the 1.1 Public Beta Release, and start a new game
Please note – there are a lot of problems that have already been reported that we could either a) not fix for various reasons, or b) we’re not going to spend the time to fix, so please don’t be upset if we don’t fix the bug you found. We’re trying to wrap up this project and put it to bed; unfortunately that has to happen someday, so some bugs will indeed go un-fixed. The plan is to only leave those bugs that we can live with, or just can’t fix for whatever reason. But we’re pretty proud of this release.​

If you find problems with the release, want to exchange play hints with other players, want to give us kudos, or (heaven forbid) want to tell us what you really think, join us at our forums. We have set up a special forum for the 1.1 Public Beta Release on the Project Britannia forums: (http://www.projectbritannia.com/index.php).​

To download the 1.1 Public Beta Release, go to the Ultima 6 Project web site at: http://www.u6project.com/

U6P appears to have been a bit of a troubled project, and while it will probably never have the prestige of its more famous predecessor, Ultima V: Lazarus, it's an impressive testimony to the tenacity of the Ultima fan community.

Silellak

Cipher
jizzinmypants.jpg

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I started playing U5: Lazarus and got ambushed by traumatic memories of Dungeon Siege engine gameplay. Will try again later.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
And I just gave up on Ultima V because it's a game that requires full attention and I was also playing Zelda Skyward Sword at the same time.

A user named cat

Some do, some don't. I'm sure many are tired of the 3D iterations that have become stagnant. Skyward Sword looked okay I guess, if overlooking the whole Wii flailing retard gimmick. A shame the series can't find its way onto other platforms and escape from Nintendo's prison.

Anyway, I think we can all look down on the Dungeon Siege series, especially DS1. No idea what they were thinking porting any Ultima game to that engine.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anyway, I think we can all look down on the Dungeon Siege series, especially DS1. No idea what they were thinking porting any Ultima game to that engine.

I hate DS as much as anyone. It was a soulless, click-fest screensaver. However, despite what DS was both the Lazarus and U6P teams have made two games that feel like Ultima games. These games are great... the story, dialogue, writing, music, etc. are top notch and I personally consider U5 Lazarus as one of the best games from the last decade. U6P is not as good but if U5L had not been released and blown me away as it did I would probably be listing U6P as one of the best.

made

Arcane
It was the only freely available open-world engine at that time. What should they have used instead in your opinion? Save for porting it into Exult I don't think there are many alternatives even now.

A user named cat

Well, doesn't that mean I'd have to own pirate and install DS1 to try these? Oh man, reliving that shit again. I didn't even play Mask of the Betrayer or finish New Vegas because of the engines those games used. This is like requiring you to have sex with Skyway's mom before drinking from the holy grail.

A user named cat

Bub?

aeP7M.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom