Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Telepath Tactics New Pre-alpha Trailer

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Sinister Design; Telepath Tactics

Sinister Design's Craig Stern writes in with a new pre-alpha teaser trailer for his upcoming tactical RPG Telepath Tactics. The trailer shows off "a bunch of the game's new features (foremost among them, the game's gorgeous directional character movement animations)."

The teaser video also shows the current state of the game's title screen art (in progress), shows off map previews in multiplayer mode, discusses the game's support for alliances during battles, talks about the game's support for custom character classes with custom sprites, and discusses the game's future (specifically, release date and the likelihood of a Kickstarter campaign).​

Craig also suggests you watch it in 1080p so you can see all the details.

kaizoku

Arcane
This looks pretty tasty.

He should have done Telepath RPG with this level of quality and perspective.

Will still need combat info to know if this is interesting or not.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
It looks great, Craig. The graphics are incredibly charming. You really should make a single player RPG "with this level of quality and perspective".

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
Thanks! Telepath Tactics actually has a single player campaign mode, as well as pretty robust support for user-created campaigns, but campaigns are all linear due to time/budget constraints. Once TT is done, I am planning to take the engine and parlay it into something more focused on providing a robust, open-ended single player experience. I'm not quite ready to announce that particular project yet, however.

At first I thought this looked like a Battle for Wesnorth clone but after watching the video I can see that it's going to be much more complex and interesting. Really cool seeing the golem throw someone...if there are skills and tactics like that I'll be hooked. Looking forward to this!

kaizoku

Arcane
Hey kaizoku! What can I say: I learned my lesson about graphical presentation.

To see the Telepath Tactics combat system, here's an older pre-alpha teaser where I live-commentate a 1-on-1 battle between myself and a computer AI opponent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-SatC4QrGA If you want more details on the combat system, I have them documented in great detail right here in the game manual.

I enjoyed that video. There are a lot of different attack types and units as well, which gives room for strategic encounters.

I know the SP campaign wasn't your focus, but as you have attested, a lot of people enjoy SP, or should I say, need it.
You can add another vote for the SP campaign.
IMO, a good story, interesting characters, and a couple of plot twists can really make the difference in giving the game some personality and have it stand out.
So, do take your time in the SP mode.

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
At first I thought this looked like a Battle for Wesnorth clone but after watching the video I can see that it's going to be much more complex and interesting. Really cool seeing the golem throw someone...if there are skills and tactics like that I'll be hooked. Looking forward to this!

Thanks! Yeah, I've gone out of my way to include a lot of interesting mechanics in this game. You can get a sense for just how much the game has if you read the manual. I think you'll find that it plays quite differently from Battle for Wesnoth.

I enjoyed that video. There are a lot of different attack types and units as well, which gives room for strategic encounters.

I know the SP campaign wasn't your focus, but as you have attested, a lot of people enjoy SP, or should I say, need it.
You can add another vote for the SP campaign.
IMO, a good story, interesting characters, and a couple of plot twists can really make the difference in giving the game some personality and have it stand out.
So, do take your time in the SP mode.

You've got it. ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom