Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bioware Talks Mass Effect 4 without Shepard

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: BioWare; Electronic Arts; Mass Effect

According to VG24/7, Bioware has revealed that there will indeed be another entry in the Mass Effect series, but it will feature a protagonist who doesn't resemble Commander Shepard in any way.

Speaking with VG247 at a recent EA showcase, BioWare Montreal producer Fabrice Condominas agreed that the studio has never shied away from the fact that Mass Effect will continue after the current trilogy, but with a new hero.

We asked him what the studio’s approach to whatever comes next in the galaxy-hopping franchise will involve, to which Condominas replied, “There is one thing we are absolutely sure of – there will be no more Shepard, and the trilogy is over.”

“This is really our starting point. Now the Mass Effect universe is vast, and very, very rich. So at this point in time, we don’t even know what kind of time frame we’re going to be in. All we’re doing is more gathering ideas from the teams, gathering feedback to see several things.”

“So first, we don’t want to make ‘Shepard 2′, or Mass Effect 4 with like, ‘oh there’s no more Shepard but you’re a soldier in the universe’. So this will be a very, very different context for sure, and nothing has been decided on the rest.”​

The new Mass Effect hero - who could it be? Stay tuned for further exciting announcements from Bioware.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Hoping for a bility to play multiple races... but, I doubt it... :(

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
According to VG24/7, Bioware has revealed that there will indeed be another entry in the Mass Effect series, but it will feature a protagonist who doesn't resemble Commander Shepard in any way.
Blasto, the first [whatever the fuck floating squid race] Specter?

it would be too self ironic for Bioware, I bet on Volrus Commander End of the Rhine specter harnesing the power of ding dong banu in his/her/it fight against misigony, privilige and Patriarchy.

tumblr_m8ip16TD6f1qete59o1_1280.jpg

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
ME4:The Next Generation
Starring Patrick Stewart as Captain Pickard Commander Hepler
Fuck Yeah

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Yeah, this time we're not going to be a soldier, we're going to be a "mercenary", or a "pirate", very different gameplay.

Modron

Arcane
Hawke is the new Shepard.

m+night+shyamalan.jpg

Sadly this would make the most logical sense given the endings to mass effect 3. I mean the ending basically destroyed all technology in the universe, all the mass relays blew up and ships fell from the sky essentially reversing all life back to the stone age. I mean even if they do manage to rebuild spaceships they won't be able to go FTL.

How the fuck are they going to retcon that shit, oh wait Biotards wont care as long as they have their harem simulator.:x

Edit = Now that I think about it even more they cant retcon this pos because their lame ass ending movie essentially said that people had not managed to reach each other several generations into the future even.

Hell, EA must have mandated they make another Mass Effect or be liquidated.

it will feature a protagonist who doesn't resemble Commander Shepard in any way.
“So first, we don’t want to make ‘Shepard 2′, or Mass Effect 4 with like, ‘oh there’s no more Shepard but you’re a soldier in the universe’.

:hmmm::lol:

Yeah because that would be, like, totally BioWare thing to do, to stray from their shitty ass formula.

Who the fuck are they kidding?

bwcliches.png

circ

Arcane
Yeah, this time we're not going to be a soldier, we're going to be a "mercenary", or a "pirate", very different gameplay.
You're Jack Hawkins, veteran of the Terran-Reaper conflict; now a Han Solo like rogue walking that delicate tightrope between light and dark.
On your trip, in your ship, you'll discuss your many adventures with your crewmates, some of whom were veterans themselves and all remember the legendary Commander Sheppard.
You take on shady jobs as a mercenary in a vast, epic, grim and deadly galaxy, recovering after a bloody conflict. But everything isn't what it seems!

Featuring all new races!
All new romances!
Discover five exciting, highly original locations with epic quests everywhere!
From award winning developer BioWare!

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I for one am looking forward to this.
If only because we'll likely have another 200-page thread of non-stop lulz about the game, bioware in general, and their fans.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
I for one am looking forward to this.
If only because we'll likely have another 200-page thread of non-stop lulz about the game, bioware in general, and their fans.
And I wouldn't want it any other way.

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
Having so many interesting RPGs coming out soon, why should we care about Mass Effect, or Shepard? God, this is the RPG Codex, can we finally leave the popamole out from the main page?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Having so many interesting RPGs coming out soon, why should be care about Mass Effect, or Shepard? God, this is the RPG Codex, can we finally leave the popamole out from the main page?

They aren't out yet. We need our amusements in the meantime.

A user named cat

I wonder if I'm the only one here who has never even played through one of these games. I tried ME1 for about an hour before I couldn't stand any more and never gave the series another glance. All the memes about alien sex and shit seem more entertaining than playing the games themselves.

Micmu

Magister
I wonder if I'm the only one here who has never even played through one of these games.
No, you're not.
All the memes about alien sex and shit seem more entertaining than playing the games themselves.
And that got pretty boring, too.
Good that we now have separate forum for console "gamers". Too bad the news forum still isn't separated.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom