Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News CD Projekt RED News: Cyberpunk 2077 Announced, The Witcher 2 Going Mac, REDkit Intro Video

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: CD Projekt; Cyberpunk 2077; The Witcher 2

At the GOG conference earlier, CD Projekt RED announced that The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is coming to Mac today. Additionally, GOG.com is going Mac, too, Gamebanshee reports:

The project started a year ago, and the team made sure that all the games ran well on large variety of Mac machines. Some of the titles we will see on Mac include Dungeon Keeper, Syndicate, but also more recent games such as Machinarium and FTL. 28 games will be brought to Mac for the first time. Additionally, all games you've already bought will also be available for Mac, in a way not dissimilar to Steamplay. A new free game has also been added to GOG.com: Warsow, a first-person cell-shaded shooter.

As a recap: 50 games are going to be available for Mac today, 28 of which are only available on GOG (their Mac version), and their announcement trailer was a hilarious spoof on Apple's usual commercials. In other GOG.com news, three new games have also been added to the digital download platform (for Windows): Puddle, a physics-based puzzle/platforms, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, a platformer, Deponia 2: Chaos on Deponia, an adventure/point-and-click title made in Germany. You can already pre-order all these titles on GOG.com, and also grab the original Deponia (already available).​

Apart from that, Cyberpunk 2077, CD Projekt's new original IP, has been officially announced - note the change from 2020 to 2077:

Then they move on to announce the title of their Cyberpunk-based RPG: Cyberpunk 2077. Mike Pondsmith, the creator of the PnP ruleset and setting the game is based on, went on stage to explain why the 2077 period has been chosen for the game, since it's a timeline that's a little further than the 2020 for which the PnP game has been mostly known, and apparently Pondsmith felt was a good middle ground between far enough to be believable and close enough that it feels realistic and not removed from our current life.

Iwinski also announced that the game will be a sandbox-like game set in Night City, which is a departure from the more story-focused/BioWare-like structure of The Witcher titles. The game will also follow the pen and paper ruleset although it will be updated to the 2077 timeline. Updated 2077 toys such as guns, implants and general technology are also apparently a selling point. A blog about the game and the Cyberpunk 2077 setting will also be opened, where hints about the setting and the game will apparently be dropped. You can find the blog and a first piece of artwork (not an in-game screenshot) on Cyberpunk.net.​

And finally, CD Projekt has released a trailer for the upcoming REDkit, a set of modding tools for The Witcher 2:

Looking forward to the exciting mods at WitcherNexus.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I know You hate CD Project and their games Bee, but I think messing up their game title like this (2027 instead o 2077) is pointless trolling. ;)

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This mod tool looks really cool. It is almost like it can be used by actual people to make adventures. And not a clusterfuck as the DAO tools.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Finally, modtools!! They look so awesome. :love:

Damn shame I just can't jump straight to toy with them a little. Having commitments sucks. :(

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is definitely something to keep an eye on. Witcher series was fun (even though flawed in certain areas) and I have faith CDPR will make a good game out of Cyberpunk.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
A cyberpunk sandbox game set in a large city, this just might be a dream come true.

Yoshiyyahu

Arcane
Patron
When the article talks about Pondsmith going on stage, is that from the video posted quite awhile ago, or a new one?

Hegel

Arcane
Wow modtools, hopefully they won't be as painful as DA:O and Skyrim's

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
ITT people say open world games suck because Bethesda makes open world games.

Harold

Arcane
I was about to type a long reply about you missing the point - it being CD Projekt's lack of ability, but then I reconsidered and decided to just post this instead::roll::hmmm:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I don't care what anyone says, a cyberpunk RPG from these guys makes my dick hard.

Also yay mod tools and fuck Mac and etc. etc.

Phineas

Educated
I honestly don't know what to think of Cyberpunk 2077, but I'm hoping that it won't be another twitch game.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
1920x1080_GIRL-CP77.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom