Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Miserable Success! + P:E closes with $3.9M raised

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Codex Eternity Fundraiser; Kickstarter; Obsidian Entertainment; Project Eternity

Raising a little over $1,200 in the last day, our KickStarter fundraising drive for Project: Eternity closed, having reached a final target of $9,679.60 USD - over 194% of our initial $5,000 target.

Minus PayPal fees, that left a nice round $9,000 USD which was sent to Obsidian (although it won't appear in the KickStarter as it went via PayPal on their website):

The fundraising drive is now closed (any further donations that come through will go to the Codex server drive we'll hold later this year).

The full list of donors (and thus, those who shall receive some mention in the game if they donated > $50) is available here. There are only a handful of names I don't have Codex usernames for - and I've e-mailed those people to let me know their username. Everyone else has been setup with their "Race Traitor" tag and has been granted access to the special forum where they can now discuss WTF it is they want to do with the $9k they raised for P:E.

And then once that's done, I'll ban them. All of them. And expunge their RTwP supporting filth from the prestigious glory of the Codex!

NOTE: The 1 month ad-free per $5 donated will take some time to setup. But rest assured you'll get it. Eventually. One day.

UPDATE: And in other news, the Project: Eternity KickStarter has closed, raising a final $3,986,879 of $1,100,000 goal, with 73,985 backers. With 362% of their goal, that makes it slightly more successful than Wasteland 2's KS campaign in percentage terms, but putting them over $1 Million ahead in dollar terms.

Tigranes

Arcane
Wait, what? I thought I still had 23 minutes. :(

Oh well, I'm dead broke after the KS pledge so only had chump change anyway. Awesome going race traitors.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Aww, we only needed a bit more to reach 10k and avoid a divisive "tavern vs party" argument. I'm sure they'll keep that Paypal open for a while longer...

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
A tavern which houses the warriors of diversity? A group that sits around and does little more than bitch and complain about the decline?

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So, that's why it was Auschwitz. You even had the gas chambers prepared.

"Come inside, dear Race Traitors, don't be shy. What shall be of the funds you so graciously raised? Come inside and discuss it... naked. Remember the number of the hook you hanged your clothes from, and tie the shoe laces of your shoes together so as not to loose them when you come out."

*Shuts door and pulls lever*

5.jpg

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The last paypal update was $140,099. They're going to keep it up till Friday so it'll grow a bit.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Someone should have made an anonymous $10 donation in DU's name.

Do I have to do everything people.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
They're going to keep it up till Friday so it'll grow a bit.

Dammit DarkUnderlord you didn't have to jump the gun
Jesus, I shut the Wasteland 2 drive down on March 28, 19 fucking days before their KickStarter ended and no-one complained. This P:E mob are a bunch of fucking whingers. Look, you didn't raise $10k. Deal with it. W2 raised in 3 days, more than what you guys could cobble together in 3 weeks - and that was WITHOUT all the fucking incentives you whiney tards have begged and pleaded for as well.

Suck it up. The KickStarter is closed. If you couldn't figure out how to put money through the internet before today, you're too retarded to be posting here.

You know, this only proves how much cash Obsidian have missed out on - if only they'd run their campaign better. People are donating more money at the end then they did on the first day, clearly because they finally know what the game is like now.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They're going to keep it up till Friday so it'll grow a bit.

Dammit DarkUnderlord you didn't have to jump the gun
Jesus, I shut the Wasteland 2 drive down on March 28, 19 fucking days before their KickStarter ended and no-one complained. This P:E mob are a bunch of fucking whingers. Look, you didn't raise $10k. Deal with it. W2 raised in 3 days, more than what you guys could cobble together in 3 weeks - and that was WITHOUT all the fucking incentives you whiney tards have begged and pleaded for as well.

Suck it up. The KickStarter is closed. If you couldn't figure out how to put money through the internet before today, you're too retarded to be posting here.

:roll: I'm not butthurt about this bossman. I just assumed that at this point YOU had an interest in turning in a clean, solid 10 grand for the glory of Codexia. I guess I was wrong.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
And then once that's done, I'll ban them. All of them. And expunge their RTwP supporting filth from the prestigious glory of the Codex!

NOTE: The 1 month ad-free per $5 donated will take some time to setup. But rest assured you'll get it. Eventually. One day.

Why not just ban them for 1 month/$5?
If they can't access the codex, they can't see the ads, ergo it's ad-free.
:troll:

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So how much do you think DU contributed? He should probably get the Race Traitor tag even if he did not directly donate. Time is money.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
So how much do you think DU contributed? He should probably get the Race Traitor tag even if he did not directly donate. Time is money.
No, that's what the $37.52 USD I held on to was for. :smug:

What can I say, my time is cheap.

Cassidy

Arcane

Like I always said, there are way too many blind Obsidian fanboys in RPGCodex. Way too many. And they are all very vocal about it.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well DU, apart from getting rid of these shitty ads for me for the next 10 months and making sure my nick is at the HEAD of any list of contributing Codexers in game; you must now do your duty and make sure to suck the right cock and get us a tavern. Just because the PE crowd were more measured and genteel in the way they funded the Codex drive compared to the way the unwashed desperate hordes leaped in desperation on W2 is no justification for closing this up. You did not need to stop the drive when you did and indeed you were proved spectacularly wrong a few days ago when you snorted in disdain that no-one would fund the $5000 in time and wanted to close it there and then. All that is left now is either set up an additional mini drive to get us over the line and tell Obsidian that it's from latecomers or gobbling knobs.

Which do you prefer DU?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom