Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Oblivion Q&A at TVG

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion; Gavin Carter

<a href=http://www.totalvideogames.com/>Total Video Games</a> <a href=http://www.totalvideogames.com/pages/articles/index.php?article_id=8066>talked</a> to Bethesda's Gavin Carter (aka Kathode) about Oblivion.<blockquote>Tell us one technical feature you are most proud of so far, and what has next-gen development been like for the team as a whole?
<br>
<br>
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Click for screenshotsVery tough to choose just one feature I’m proud of. Our AI system, Radiant AI, would be a front-runner. It allows us to breathe life into the world with very little scripting.</blockquote>Radiant AI and people kicking their cats DYNAMICALLY! means jack shit for immersion if you don't improve on Morrowind's awful dialog system.
<br>
<br>
But what's worse:<blockquote>You must play and see many other games. Could you tell us what influences or inspirations have found their way into Elder Scrolls IV?
<br>
<br>
Across the entire team, we play literally everything that’s out there. We even have people big into pen-and-paper games <u>and even a few LARPers</u>. So ideas for the game come from everywhere, even books and movies and television. One reason we like to take our sweet time with pre-production on our games is that we’ve got so many ideas. We usually have too many, and have to pare them down. Our biggest influences by far, however, are our own games. We look at what worked, what didn’t, and try to improve on everything.</blockquote>Alright, who are the LARPers?! I want names and pictures of them in full wizard dress.
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</A>

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
You guys could use cat kicking to make a minigame in Oblivion. Take a cow sized monster similar to an ant lion, place them on a nice stretch of land, and the goal is to feed the cats to the ant lion monster with the least number of kicks. It'd be like a cross between golf and soccer.

DarkSign

Erudite
These sick fucks are LARPers...

larp.jpg

Some people think it stands for Live Action Role Players.
It actually stands for Living A Retarded Pathetic life.

Tell me with a straight face that one of those fuckers has seen a real girl naked.
Riiiiiight.

crpgnut

Augur
Wow! A picture is definitely worth a 1000 words in this case. Good Job, DarkSign.

P.S. Hmmm, look at DarkSign's avatar and then look at the dude on the far right....coincidence?

Ap_Jolly

Liturgist
No, I think DarkSign was just about to smite the retards with his large stick. Look, you can see them crying, or screaming in horror!

PrzeSzkoda

Augur
Project: Eternity
The faggot barbarian looks menacingly. I don't think that DarkSign could be a match for his ferocious fighting abilities (and his mean-looking matchstick sword).

PrzeSzkoda

Augur
WRONG! His roleplaying abilities surpass your artistic perception! The look on his face is menacing (or is supposed to be, in the very least). You never heard of berserkers crying at their foes to death?

PrzeSzkoda

Augur
I've witnessed a LARP or two (never took part in any of them, mind you). Trust me, the look on his face is SUPPOSED to be a menacing, evil gaze.

Surlent

Liturgist
btw I followed the parent directory. The pic Darksign ripped off, is from this site. You might not understand the language, but I do since it's my native language. On their faq they tell the videos (and pics included which are from videos) are homemade for fun. So they are joking about LARP and making parody of it, instead of posing as real larpers. If anyone wants to watch some trailers [they are all finnish], here's some links.

jiujitsu

Cipher
They act out LARPs to make a joke about LARPs... That's like having gay sex to prove it'll give you AIDs.

Surlent

Liturgist
yeah something like that. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom