Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Rumor: Chris Taylor and Mark O'Green Back at Black Isle Studios?

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Black Isle Studios; Chris Taylor; Herve Caen; Mark O'Green

RUMOR TIME. According to the information floating around the interwebs, Chris Taylor, lead designer of Fallout, and Mark O'Green, who wrote dialogue for Fallout, are allegedly back at Herve Cain's resurrected Black Isle Studios:

In the announcement today, the company announced the return of Black Isle Studios with veterans such as Christopher "Chris" Taylor (not to be confused with Chris Taylor of Gas Powered Games fame) leading the team. For those not in the know, Chris Taylor is the co-creator and designer of the Fallout franchise. His last game carried the codename 'Project V13' (Fallout Online) and unfortunately, will never see the light of day.​

Source.
Another source here.

And finally,

A source naming himself The Master with insider knowledge of Interplay Entertainment has sent a message:

"You will find the Chris Taylor (Lead Designer of Fallout) and Mark O'green (Dialog for Fallout) at Black Isle. Right now everyone is saying it's only Black Isle in name and that's simply not true. I know it for a FACT.
Just some food for thought.
Thanks,
The Master"​

Source: Duck and Cover. DaC's King of Creation also adds:

Black Isle are working on a game, but I can now confirm that it is not a new Plancescape or a new Icewind Dale. I can also confirm that this new game is directly related to a game that Black Isle has done in the past.​

All I can say is that, if this "FACT" is true, I feel sorry for Chris Taylor.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Master

309214763_640.jpg

I guess that means Chris Taylor is Torgo. "I am TAY-lor. I take care of the place while The Master is waxing his moustache."

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Chris Taylor and Mark O'Green have both been at Interplay/BIS since during FOOL's development. Haven't confirmed O'Green's presence in a while but when I checked (shortly before the BIS gravedig was announced) Chris was still there.

DaC reported it as if it was news, but it really wasn't, it was just kind of "they're still there, guys". Lords knows why they haven't bolted yet. Their source is an Interplay investor who doesn't really know anything more or less than most of us.

AFAIK the only RPG properties they still own are, what, Dark Alliance and Lionheart? Exciting.

Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Chris Taylor and Mark O'Green have both been at Interplay/BIS since during FOOL's development. Haven't confirmed O'Green's presence in a while but when I checked (shortly before the BIS gravedig was announced) Chris was still there.

DaC reported it as if it was news, but it really wasn't, it was just kind of "they're still there, guys". Lords knows why they haven't bolted yet. Their source is an Interplay investor who doesn't really know anything more or less than most of us.

AFAIK the only RPG properties they still own are, what, Dark Alliance and Lionheart? Exciting.

Not even sure about Lionheart. The SPECIAL system may have been part of the deal with Bethesda.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Oh, they can't use SPECIAL anymore, Bethesda owns that. But they own the Lionheart title. Just not the character system.

They lost the rights to use AD&D too when it comes to Dark Alliance. Can still use the specific "Dark Alliance" part of it though.

So, two gutted-out IPs of games that weren't that good, is what they own. Oh, and Stonekeep, which they recently made a shitty-ass Wii version of. And...Torn?

Dangersaurus

Novice
Is this the Starfleet Command 1 & 2 Chris Taylor? I remember that guy promised to literally eat dirt if they didn't meet some goal for a patch or something. When he lost the bet he was a pretty good sport and went through with it (IIRC he microwaved his dirt to kill off any creepy crawlies).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom