Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Project Eternity Kickstarter Update #17: New Pledge Incentives and Expansion

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Tags: Feargus Urquhart; Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity

Feargus Urquhart announces new incentives to pledge for Project Eternity with this week's first update.

Wasteland 2 will be included for anyone pledging $165 or more. Fargo and Obsidian's loving relationship continues:

[...]But, Brian hasn’t stopped being the great guy that he is, and so, he’s helping us out by letting us add Wasteland 2 as a reward at our higher tiers. So, what tiers will that be? A lot of you have asked for a digital tier after $110, so we are adding a $165 Digital Only Tier. That means Wasteland 2 will get added to this new $165 tier and all the tiers above.​

Feargus also revealed Obsidian's plan to make an expansion pack for Project Eternity:

What we are also doing is adding the first expansion pack for the game to the $165 Tier (and above). The expansion will come out approximately six months after Project Eternity is released. That’s right, it’s not DLC, but a real honest to God RPG expansion pack. We don’t have the details on the Expansion yet, but you can bet it will be what you’d expect from an Infinity Engine game expansion.​

There will be yet another update tomorrow with more stretch goals.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Before anyone asks:

All the funding that we receive from Kickstarter and PayPal will be used to make the base game - No money raised will be used for funding the expansion in any way.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I'm not sure what to expect from "an Infinity Engine game expansion". ToB and HoW were quite different in scope (although HoW got a free downloadable extension with Trials of the Luremaster).
I guess something like a new NPC follower, a couple of dungeons, a hub and a new class or two?

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
So what happens if you already got a copy of W2 from their Kickstarter?You just get a second one you might not want/need?

Cynic

Arcane
Six months is too soon, better to space it out a bit more and do something of higher quality. Unless they are...cutting this content from the main release...oh but they said no DLC, right?? :troll:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Six months is too soon, better to space it out a bit more and do something of higher quality. Unless they are...cutting this content from the main release...oh but they said no DLC, right?? :troll:

Six months is more than enough for an expansion seeing how it's gonna be mostly just level design and writing.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Baldur's Gate was released November 30, 1998. Tales of the Sword Coast was released April 30, 1999. Five months later in case you're too lazy to figure that out.

Cynic

Arcane
I'm just trolling at this point because the reactions from fans with cum in their eyes at this point has reached Biowarian levels of satisfaction for me.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I'm just trolling at this point because the reactions from fans with cum in their eyes at this point has reached Biowarian levels of satisfaction for me.
Yeah that is... interesting. Looks like the most succesful strechgoal for PE. And in fact, nothing was promised except expansion for 165$.

Bulba

Learned
looks like I'll have quite a few spare copies of w2, will gladly give them away to fellow codexians once the games will be released

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
looks like I'll have quite a few spare copies of w2, will gladly give them away to fellow codexians once the games will be released

Don't worry. Your fellow codexians will be dead by 2014 ;)

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Right now, their reward scale seems quite good. I have my doubts on the 500$ tier though. It doesn't seem to add much compared to the 250$ one.

MCA
Yeah, I was wondering about that too.

flxph.jpg

vZnur.jpg

+$250 for a fucking hard cover book instead of a soft cover book? Something is missing. I predict a huge shit storm when they actually start delivering stuff :smug:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm going to guess that since $500 is a freaking huge amount of money to spend on a game that people at that level are just doing it to donate to P:E and don't care as much about what goodies they get.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom