Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Project Eternity Kickstarter Update #8: New Digital Tier, Novella by MCA, and Translations at $2.2M

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity

The folks at Obsidian Entertainment have put up another update to the Project Eternity Kickstarter, introducing a new $110 digital tier with Beta access, a novella by Chris Avellone for tiers $50 and up, and a new stretch goal. Reaching $2.2 million will add a new region, faction and companion, as well as French, German, and Spanish translations.

French, German, and Spanish Translations added at $2.2M

We are glad to announce that we will add text translations for French, German, and Spanish when we reach this goal. As we hit more of our stretch goals, we hope to be able to add even more languages as well!

Novella by Chris Avellone added for $50 and Up!

Chris Avellone has been so thankful for everyone's support that he himself has pledged to write a novella in the world of Project Eternity. We are adding that to everyone who pledges $50 and up.

New $110 Digital Only Tier

Thanks to popular demand, we are adding a new digital tier at $110 that has early beta access to the game, thanks in the credits, a postcard thanking you for your pledge (sent physically) along with all the other digital benefits of the $140 Tier. Since we added the new novella written by Chris Avellone at the $50 reward tier - that is in there as well!

Oh and we have a little piece of artwork to share as well. The following is one of our traditional race and class combinations - the Human Fighter - but he's not just any Human Fighter. He has an integral role in the story that we will be hinting at soon. Don't worry, we will also be sharing more and more of the non-traditional options in the days and weeks to come.​

To have a look at the Human Fighter artwork, head over to the update page.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Chris Avellone has been so thankful for everyone's support that he himself has pledged to write a novella in the world of Project Eternity. We are adding that to everyone who pledges $50 and up.
I don't like this, isn't he already writting a novella for Wasteland 2? And working as a writer for W2? And for Project Eternity? Don't spread the ideas too thin MCA...

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I don't like this, isn't he already writting a novella for Wasteland 2? And working as a writer for W2? And for Project Eternity? Don't spread the ideas too thin MCA...
He's working like 2 days/week for Wasteland 2, are you doubting the Avellone's capabilities ? (to be honest I'm more and more sceptical about the game and I hope it can at least be as fun as BG1/2 was)

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
There are few things for a writer as good as high demand for his work, so there's a big chance MCA is having a blast (and probably also exhausting himself) writing all this stuff. Let's just hope he does not die before the games are finished.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Hey, that was one of my suggestions, as well as more presence from MCA and Tim Cain.:rpgcodex:
Besides a novella to flesh out the lore or provide some background couldn't be that hard to write, I am sure that they have already plenty of material written down.

Cabazone

Educated
Worse than that, being a great writer in one medium doesn't necessarily translate into being great in another. Frankly, I don't even think the novella will end up being that worthwhile.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
He's working like 2 days/week for Wasteland 2, are you doubting the Avellone's capabilities ? (to be honest I'm more and more sceptical about the game and I hope it can at least be as fun as BG1/2 was)

I do think Avellone can write decent novella. He's been doing fine in both games and comics.

That said, Avellone's worst work so far was when he got too much shit on his plate (NWN2 companions) or had to/did reuse/change ideas/material even from himself (Alpha Protocol, Lonesome Road)

So, we'll see.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
A novella... by MCA?

:bounce:

chrisglitterxvbq0.gif

Bulba

Learned

I do think Avellone can write decent novella. He's been doing fine in both games and comics.

That said, Avellone's worst work so far was when he got too much shit on his plate (NWN2 companions) or had to/did reuse/change ideas/material even from himself (Alpha Protocol, Lonesome Road)

So, we'll see.

Writing/drawing a comic book is very different from writing a novell. Very different skills required. Sometimes even bad writers can come up with something good, but if the writer pumps out books like a printing press chances are 1 in a thousand (just have a look at a percentage of good books by Stephen King and he is the master of his art)

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
They should really include an editor as strech goal, but I think they'll be cautinous of doing so, since they are planning sequels and such on the same engine...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom