Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Cortex Command heads to Steam, gets long garbled video

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Tags: Cortex Command; Data Realms; Steam

To prove that the persister indeed often wins Cortex Command has just gotten itself a spot for release of version 1.0 later this month on Steam. Dunno why you should be interested in robots trying to murder a floating brain? Check the vid.

spectre

Arcane
Nice, I remember playing it a bit a long long time ago. Thought it to be vaporware for sure.
It's also pretty embarrassing watching the guy being so bad at his own game (-:

Hopefully the campaign AI and AI in general gets polished in the 1.0 release, cause as it is now it's not challenging unless you give the AI some kind of a headstart.
While I'm having qualms about calling it a strategy game, still it's nice to fire it up and play in a 1-2 hour long burst, if only for the sweet sweet mayhem you can cause.
And the wonderful art style. It really grows on me, sound, music, grafix.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Oh god, it is still shit after all those years. Moving around is painful, you constantly get stuck on single pixel crap. Menus are horrible, most often you lose games because of them.

And the campaign on this so called "final release" can't even be won.

Despite the funky physics, I'd much rather hotseat Molez or Liero than play Cortex Command.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
And the campaign on this so called "final release" can't even be won.

Yup, unpolished as anything I ever played. Personally I get the impression that either the dev is incompetent or lazy as fuck. Or simply doesn't care much about the game. The game is fun as hell though.

spectre

Arcane
Personally I get the impression that either the dev is incompetent or lazy as fuck.
Seems a bit like it. The so called 1.0 still has a few placeholder descriptions (and some items don't have descriptions at all). I remember he kept a game-breaking mouse sensivity bug around for something like 4 releases (and i'm betting my ass it's still around).
Never had it personally, but a few of my mates reported it made the game unplayable.
Just managed to make some time play a full game today. First thing, the campaign actually *is* winnable, I managed to take all the AI bases and won.
Not sure about victory by highest amount of $$$, I think it's triggered when ALL players have 0 brains, not just the AIs.

Comparing it to the precious release I played, not much has changed. The biggest change is the brain management mechanic which I personally don't like, but the nice touch is the ability to cash in rains for money
- makes the AIs stay around a bit longer, though I've never seen them make any kind of difference.
It's also serves a nice handicap for the player.

A new playable faction was also introduced. Looks pretty imbalanced at first glance.

Also, some items got reshuffled for balance, a few more were added. Feels pretty tight at the moment.

The biggest problem with the game is its lasting appeal. The AI is still incompetent as fuck and doesn't even react to you breaching its brain vault, bypassing all its defenses.
And you can only be entertained by the base building, nice physics and well modeled boomsticks for so long.
Maybe it's better in multiplayer, but in my case that got killed by the mouse bug I mentioned.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom